Thu, Sep 19, 3:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Suggestion on image

Kathie ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 7:22 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:25 AM

file_165913.jpg

I'm pretty new to Bryce so I'm sure there are alot of dos and don'ts that I don't even know about, but would like comments/suggestions from the more experienced here on my image. I love this character and hope to one day do him justice :) Thanks!

Black Rain ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 7:28 AM

it's your this image? that's very cool :D

tonylynch ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:02 AM

Very nice Kathie! One 'do' for you, keep doing like this, it is very good, nice use of fog and foliage. Tony

Eshal ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 10:35 AM

Thats it I am really going to sulk! I still can't get my images to look this good when I rendering a figure in an environment! They always look kinda stretched. Regards Eshal <----wandering off in search of new tuts to actually pay attention to:)

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

chanson ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 1:55 PM

I think the composition is great and the fog is a nice effect. I might suggest that you lower the foreground "grass" so that it is not as prominent in the view... Great work!

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 2:13 PM

I don't know about lowering the grass. I know if I encounted this fella', that's about the angle I'd be looking from .. trying to stay outta view !! laughs Very nice image!

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 5:48 PM

Nice concept so far:) like the dark figure against those lush greens. Three suggestions - try adjusting the ambience of the materials on the figure - he's got that default poser blah. Perhaps try adding a little mist right in front of him - just a little at bout knee/midthigh level? And lastly, maybe a radial light set to green behind and slightly above him - that should give some nice green rim lighting and bring him intot he environment. Can't wait to see how this one develops. :) Lyrra

Kathie ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 6:31 PM

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments :) I appreciate ya'll taking the time. And Lyrra, thank you for your suggestions :) I especially liked the one about adding some fog in front of him. Thanks.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:56 PM

Reminds me of the movie Predator with Arnold S. Grass in the foreground is a bit odd. Either lower as suggested or raise and blur more so that it gives the illusion of looking at the creature from under the cover of the brush. Great job. Your composition is well done.

kathym ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 8:03 AM

Its great - a good sense that the viewer is hiding from hin and not very well (he seems to have spotted us.). I've been using Bryce for several years now - and I've never gotten anything this good yet. I'm impressed. Keep up the excellent work!

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

Kathie ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 5:58 PM

Thanks for your comments EricSD and kathym. Eric, yep it is the Predator from the movies :) And I agree, that grass bugs me too. I did it post render because the foliage in the foreground just looked too fake and I tried to hide it :( I'll be working with it more though and will try the suggestions I've gotten here :) Thanks. Kathy, thanks so much for your kind words. I'm getting addicted to this program :) More of a love-hate kinda thing....I just start to think I'm understand it and as soon as I complete that thought I'm proven wrong LOL But I really enjoy it. I started playing with it in March and also got Vue a few weeks ago. I haven't done anything in that program though. My graphic play time is running out, the kids are out of school for the summer at the end of this month so I won't have the time ( that they're in school ) to play with these great programs :( Thanks again for the comments.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.