Wed, Sep 18, 2:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: adding plants c8 pro

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 1:14 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:39 AM

Hi, I'm curious. I was trying to follow a tutorial made for carrara 5 tonight. and in the tutorial the author drops a plant onto one of carraras default landscapes he then mentions that when you go back into the assembly room from the plant editor you will find that the plant is too big and in the middle of the water ect.

Now trying this in C8 pro, the plant is microscopic, in fact for me to even see a tree on the terrain I have to increase the plant size to well over 650 ft and to see it clearly  about 3000 m which at that size I cannot use the replicator on it, Carrara just gives me the finger and shuts down haha.

The same thing happens with C7 pro

Is this standard for these newer versions or is something wrong with my setup?
I'd really like to get some good trees on the terrains provided but a 1000 ft tree is kinda rediculas and a real memory killer

thanks

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 1:44 AM

file_454031.jpg

I always and only ever use the "Medium" scene setting. I think the Large setting, which applies to stuff in the Wizard, was the very worst thing recently introduced into Carrar 6? or7. Brian

bwtr

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 7:23 AM

Brian is right, is better to use the Medium preset... use Large only for real large landscape scenes.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 10:20 AM

That's what I've heard, actually I've never tried the large scene, I don't believe.
Usually I'll go new medium scene and last night I tried small scene. both of which the trees were microscopic.
I even tried closing everything and just double clicking on the preset, what size that opens to I'm not quite sure, but again I need a 1000 ft tree in the scene, something must be wrong.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 10:20 AM

That's what I've heard, actually I've never tried the large scene, I don't believe.
Usually I'll go new medium scene and last night I tried small scene. both of which the trees were microscopic.
I even tried closing everything and just double clicking on the preset, what size that opens to I'm not quite sure, but again I need a 1000 ft tree in the scene, something must be wrong.

bwtr ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 6:58 PM

file_454077.jpg

This is defult sizes with my C8Pro! Brian

bwtr

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 06 June 2010 at 7:21 PM

You can try to reset your preferences to see if this problem fix, but you will loose all your configurations, including folders and settings.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2010 at 5:50 AM

Hmm, I just noticed that anytime I open a default terrain it always imports as a large scene.

whether its opening it from the landscape wizard or opening it from the browser (double click or drag to the properties) even if I have my scene set at medium or not.
I've checked my preferences and even reset them, made no difference.

I've even tried changing the scene to medium after it has been opened under the magnitude, no difference there either.

I don't understand why this is happening in both C7 and C8 when you guys seem to have no issues.
Probably MS Windows striking again. ugh

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2010 at 8:36 AM

Aahhhhhaaa!
You are using scenes from the Wizard or Scenes or Objects!
I have not used them since the Big scene idea came in with ?Carrara6 from Daz.

WAY back I think someone, Mark or Patrick Tuten, listed on this forum some calculations  and proceedures on how to overcome the problem.

I had not even checked to see that the sillyness was still continuing!

Complain seriously to Daz if you don't get a good answer.

Brian

bwtr

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Mon, 07 June 2010 at 9:30 AM

OK so this is pretty standard then, I'm rather new to Carrara  and just wanted to try to follow some tutorials instead of making my own terrain at the moment, it's just rather annoying trying to follow a tutorial and a big piece of the pie is missing or in cases like this 2+2= 22  just don't add up.

Maybe its just me but isn't it kinda silly to have default scenes that you really cannot do anything with because the size is so extraordinarily large?

Guess it's time to go hunting fro more tuts

Thanks guys

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 1:33 AM

Check out Marks Dark Arts tutes here and this

www.cajomi.de/Download/tutorial1a.pdf

Brian

bwtr

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 08 June 2010 at 6:02 AM

You can find a lot of video tutorials  at CarraraLounge.com too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.