Thu, Sep 19, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: A3H3- melody&micah

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 2:50 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 2:27 AM

i am unclear on this decoding thing for micah and melody
can someone please it to me in simple terms?
thank you in advance

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 6:08 AM

You have not given enough information to your querie.  Please provide a more thorough description. 

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 8:27 AM

You need rtencoder. Instructions for how to use it are on the same webpage.

Andrew_C ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 9:20 AM · edited Tue, 22 June 2010 at 9:27 AM

I recommend using RTEJava sites.google.com/site/rtejava/downloads , as RTEncoder only works under Windows. Works exactly the same as RTencoder 1 (the version you want) and is IMHO better and more stable than RTEpy, the present free version from the creator of RTEncoder. It just needs Java, which you probably have installed.

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 2:30 PM

i got this bundle for melody and micah for a3 and h3 and a few of the rars decoders- however i have never incountered anything like this- i thought the rars would be the usual extract and put in the right folders-
hmmmmm i just re read the readme- and it sounds like it is a daz studio thing?
does that sound right? becuase i am using poser not daz studio-and i am not sure i even need to bother with it
and yes r-hatch the rtencoder is the first step(i was reading it sort fast)

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 2:32 PM

wait! or is this the reverse- they need to be decoded for poser?

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2010 at 4:56 PM

You need to use RTEncoder, as stated above.  Melody and Micah bundle should be in zip files not rar files, just follow the instructions in the bundle zip and you should be fine.

darquevision ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 3:20 AM

yeah i just tried it out to see if it would work- and everything is fine
thank you all for the help
although i do have another question regarding thier tails or tails in general- is there a way to lock them? i tend to use walk designer which fits the bill most of the time but with creatures with tails the tail just sticks out, and i have found out that once a walk pattern has been set movement of parts is not possible. or is there a button i am not checking off somewhere
any ideas?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 9:04 AM

why do they have to make so you need a decoder? 

There are lots and lots of character injections that don't need a decoder?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 11:50 AM

yeah misty i just went ahead and installed melody and micah without fussing with a decoder , and all was perfect
i was just confused is all
and yes you are right there are lots of injections
thank you for your response

kerwin ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2010 at 7:46 PM

Quote - why do they have to make so you need a decoder? 
There are lots and lots of character injections that don't need a decoder?

The Melody and Micah characters are based on DAZ meshes, but they are reworked meshes to add tail and some of the head augmentations.   These hybrid meshes contain both geometry from DAZ and Little fox.  Because it is not a point-for-point morph of DAZ's mesh, the injection/morph method won't work.   Littlefox has to create a new .obj file (geometry).   The upside of this is she can add what is needed to give a very fluid, complete character which can wear A3's and H3's clothes.   The downside is that she can't legally distribute the .obj (which contains both her sculpting and modification like adding a tail) because it contains DAZ's intellectual property.  The way around this is to use RTE encoding which computes the "deltas" between DAZ's models (A3 and H3) and Littlefox's rework.   The lets her distribute those deltas as an RTE file which does not contain DAZ's property.   When you decode, the RTE decoder recreates Littlefox's geometry file from the A3/H3 in your library plus those deltas.

It's a bit of a pain, but fortunately you only need to do it once.   Hopefully someone will cook up a better RTE system in the future that's a bit more bulletproof.   (For example, RTE has a hard time if DAZ changes the base file even a little bit because the deltas were computed very specific from the file used during the encode process.)

-K

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2010 at 6:14 AM

Quote - It's a bit of a pain, but fortunately you only need to do it once.   Hopefully someone will cook up a better RTE system in the future that's a bit more bulletproof.   (For example, RTE has a hard time if DAZ changes the base file even a little bit because the deltas were computed very specific from the file used during the encode process.)

Unfortunately it has to work that way, as using any other type of encryption wouldn't achieve the objective of making sure you have the original base geometry, and there's not much that can be done if authors don't keep up with the latest variant.

darquevision ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 3:18 AM

ahhhhhhhhh ok- i understand exactly what you both mean
thank you for the explanation

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.