Thu, Sep 19, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Bvh motions

darquevision ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 11:20 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:32 PM

i have hit and miss with them in the past mostly misses, so i kinda just wrote them off but i have seen a few that might be of use to me, but if they are just going to distort my characters then i see no point. i mainly use gen3 chars(m3v3a3h3f3) and some creatures from various vers. i was reading something about removing the "neck dummy" to help with poser however i have no clue what that is.
any thoughts on the subject?
thanx in advance

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 1:36 PM

Hi Do a search here for "BVH hacker"
Some people say it has helped them.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

darquevision ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 5:59 PM

wolf thank you
i have done some as per ya suggestion- thing is most seem to have DS as the standard, not to say you are wrong but time vs reward
do you have experience in that matter?

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 23 June 2010 at 8:21 PM

HI
I have About ten years Experience animation with poser
I used to Sell custom BVH files here at rosity but I have Dumped the BVH format
in favor  of animated pose sets for specific figures
I have never used the BVH hacker applet/Script( as  I ma on a MAC) but I have hand edited BVH files in the past
using the poser graph editor & Dope sheet
and Frankly it was rarely worth the tedious effort just  to get a usable motion file working on your Figure IMHO.

Cheers.

My website

YouTube Channel

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2010 at 3:10 AM

cool- that is what i feel also...i was basically just wondering if anyone had better luck with these files. i agree with the specific animation sets are much better, and the little i have tweaked with bvh is never worth the time
thanx for your help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.