Mon, Sep 16, 10:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: A wish for PoserPro 2010

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 2:34 PM · edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 8:26 AM

Sometimes when I'm trying to inject a character pose, Poser will begin to endlessly search for morphs that aren't injected - for instance trying to use a face and  I should have also used Hiro with Michael, but because I spaced it, I forgot.    Or it needs something I don't have, or forgot to put in.   Then there is the endless search for file.   I keep hitting cancel, but it goes on and on... and on.

Sometimes it's so bad, I just use task manager to close Poser without saving.

Would it be too hard to have a feature to stop the whole process?  Where you realize you made an oops and when you were asked, 'Do  you want to continue?'  and you hit  no that it stops looking for the next file and the next?

I guess I could rename files or put some note in them or make some index saying what each character requires, but this seems like it would be a very handy thing to just be able to cancel an injection of a face or body.

Delaney

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 5:04 PM

There is a feature in Poser 7 and 8 in General Preferences under the library tab called File Search.
Set it to None and Poser will not search at all (so all references need to have a correct path) or to Shallow where it will only look at the most logical places taking the existing path into account.
If set to Deep it will search everywhere (this is the default).
If you set it to Shallow it will find almost all files except when they do not exist, have been misspelled or are not in the correct location. On a very large library it always returns within a second, whereas a setting of Deep makes it search for a very very long time.

So set it to shallow and find out if this is acceptable

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2010 at 5:20 PM

Very good call Wim! I had long since forgotten about that ability. It would help in those cases where I try loading an ancient PZ3 with the wrong drive letters in them too!

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 6:26 PM

Do the DAZ Gen 4 figures work in an external runtime when it is set to shallow?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 28 June 2010 at 7:50 PM

Yes, they do
I install the DAZ figures to the external runtime and initialize them there.
This is a (former) P5 runtime so the DAZ installer never complains (Poser.exe is still in there) and is located on a separate drive. After that I move the new character and pose folders to a subfolder to match my own hierarchy.

Just try it  - it does not change anything and you can set it back to deep in a matter of seconds

FaeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 7:38 AM

I'll definitely try this.  Thank you for the tip, this has been driving me crazy.  

EaglesDarlin ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 11:17 AM

Thank you as well from me. I didnt know about that feature :)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2010 at 8:23 PM

it would be really good to have the conform to scale checkboxes set on "on" by default or a preference to do this.  Especially now that we have S4 character.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.