Sun, Sep 22, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Fourth of July, USA Independence Day..show the world how we do it! POST HERE

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_455415.jpg

On about July 2, 1776, the USA declared freedom from the Kingdom of Great Britain.  Papers are believe to have been signed on July 4.   That became a holiday and is a National holiday today. Typical concepts of the holiday are fireworks, cookouts, party events and families getting together to have fun together.

This year we got with the family and friends of my wife's sisters and brothers.  We went to the farm which was my father-in-law's favorite place before he left this earth.  A brother-in-law has the farm now, quite different in some ways but a wonderful place to spend a day.

First, here is a view of the farm house, looking through corn struggling to grow but producing a few small ears now.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:08 PM

file_455416.jpg

We had food in abundance.  : )  Good stuff!   Besides grilled items and veggies and home baked beans, several salads and deserts, we had this delicious chicken.  Another brother-in-law smoked the chicken for most of the day.    The color difference is due to a marinade, I was told.  All tasted the same to me and very good.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:11 PM · edited Sat, 03 July 2010 at 9:14 PM

file_455417.jpg

And there was fun.  A water slide made of thick plastic sheet and continuously hosed with water was a hit with the kids there.   This little guy made the most of it all.

DO YOU HAVE FOURTH OF JULY PICTURES?  Please post...remember, casual is ok. This is the forum and for fun.

(Because of bright sun in the camera view, this was shot with spot metering on the face of the little boy.)

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 04 July 2010 at 12:18 AM

Have a feast in the presence of the Lord my brother.Have a wonderful 4th of July.I am glad you and your family could enjoy the holiday on your Brother in laws farm. There is nothing better than enjoying a day of peace and quiet on a farm away from the rush.
God Bless.
Regards
Your Brother in Christ.
Christo.

bryananthonydgm ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 3:54 AM

Wow! The pictures were captured perfectly! And all I can say that the second picture, the chicken, I think that's my favorite one. It made me crave for grilled chicken right now. And yes, I agree. Marinated chicken taste so good, much better than the ordinary grilled chicken. :)

[url=http://www.my3dservice.com/]Rendering Services[/url]

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 2:26 PM

file_456473.jpg

I'm a little late to the barbeque but here's how we celebrate the 4th.  The kids dojo always joins the parade and during the walk they'll perform individual and partner techniques along the way.  That's my daughter in the air.  :)   (apologies for the lousy image, I almost missed it and wasn't ready)

...... Kendra

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 2:28 PM

file_456474.jpg

And my favorite 4th of July image from last year.  This was after the parade, there were 3 horses in the drive through so I asked if I could photograph them.  I thought the local paper would be interested but learned they have a policy of no photos from anyone not on staff.  

...... Kendra

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 5:51 PM

Kendra, both photos are pretty cool...the martial arts routines on asphalt takes resilient kids!
The Taco Bell one is specially neat.   Thanks for the reply.      Tom.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.