Sun, Oct 6, 5:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Flash ad??!!!

Porthos ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 3:23 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

Has the Poser forum been hijacked?? I just got hit with this flash advert. Find singles near you???
A screen cap!! Anyone else seen it?

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 3:39 PM

file_455882.jpg

Like this one .. mine is in Dutch .. these are Google ADS btw see green arrow ... the ! is a info popup..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 4:09 PM

Maybe your computer thinks you need a friend ? 

I turned on all my popup blockers when renerosity had that pop up from the bottom of the screen , have not had any since.
`

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 4:11 PM

Quote - Maybe your computer thinks you need a friend ? 

I turned on all my popup blockers when renerosity had that pop up from the bottom of the screen , have not had any since.
`

Same here. And what a lovely thing it is too. Just empty banner boxes and lines with nothing in between....ahhhhhhh.

;o)

Laurie

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2010 at 11:57 PM

It seems that whoever is responsible for making decisions here at Rosity has a total mental breakdown every once in a while, and goes into self destruct mode. Hopefully he will be committed to a hospital where he can receive the treatment he needs, before any more damage is done to Rosity's reputation.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 12:06 AM

The reason I do adblocking was because of a Flash Ad I got about a dozen years ago.  It took a minute or two to load up over dial-up-it was for a Kodak camera.  I immediately sought out adblocking software and have used it since.

I actually don't mind most banner ads, but I don't know why people tolerate pop-up/under ads and redirects....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 12:10 AM · edited Tue, 13 July 2010 at 12:10 AM

Quote - Has the Poser forum been hijacked?? I just got hit with this flash advert. Find singles near you???
A screen cap!! Anyone else seen it?

You saw the little green men too??...oooo your talking about the ad... S

Thanks for posting this. We want to know when things like this happen. I'll show this to the programmers. :) 

ypvs ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 3:38 AM

Google's semi-official nick-name is The Chocolate Factory. Any little men you are likely to see will be orange and are called Ooompah-Loompahs :)

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

thaaksma ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 11:40 AM

My apologies, that ad (and others like it) definitely shouldn't have been showing since our google adsense is setup to display content on the page, and when google can't find ads relative to the content it's supposed to show "public service ads" and it's set to filter out any cosmetic procedures, dating, drugs, suppliments, get rick quick, politics, etc.  We have worked with our google ads to make sure those filters are working properly, so email marketing@renderosity.com (with screenshots when possible) if you see anything like that again.

Thank You,
Tim

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 13 July 2010 at 2:41 PM

Tim ...your Joking right ?? all i see is a Ad for Adobe Cs5 or Dating ads or other rippoff ads from Google... i already did place a notice about it.. and its was said that they were normal google ads..
So i say ..95% of the google ADS is see are Dutch ads from non kosher companys.. that try to trick me into nasty deals that will kost me dearly..
So you can take that to the marketing dept. ...

Maybe because its Dutch ads the filter does not reconise em as BAD ..but they are BAD Scam ads

Chris

Quote - My apologies, that ad (and others like it) definitely shouldn't have been showing since our google adsense is setup to display content on the page, and when google can't find ads relative to the content it's supposed to show "public service ads" and it's set to filter out any cosmetic procedures, dating, drugs, suppliments, get rick quick, politics, etc.  We have worked with our google ads to make sure those filters are working properly, so email marketing@renderosity.com (with screenshots when possible) if you see anything like that again.

Thank You,
Tim

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.