Mon, Sep 16, 10:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Having major issues with V4.2 and Morphs ++

FaeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:29 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:29 AM

So, for some reason my V4.2 and Morphs ++ are no longer working together.  I'm running an external runtime with V4.2 in her own runtime with all her morphs and variations (I have morphia and creature creator in there too)  and runnint PoserPro 2010

So, I deleted this runtime completely and then redownloaded and installed V4.2 and the Morphs++  to a new V4 runtime folder.  I initialized and updated.

I load Vickie up, then the regular morph injection and them try putting in the Morphs ++.  The body ones seem to load correctly and are all catagorized into the different body parts.  However, when I go to the head, none of the Morphs ++ are there.  This means that I can't use any of the characters that I've bought that used the Morphs ++ at all.  The face doesn't change one bit when I try to load them.

I've tried installing what I would judge to be the morphs needed.  I have Farissa from the Daz store.  Absolutely beautiful character and perfect for a project that I need to do.   However she has a delicate chin, gorgeous dimples and lips.  when I load in the morphs one by one from the Morphs ++ folder, it will only allow one of the morphs to be in it at a time.  I'll load dimples, and when I try to load in something else, the dimples disappear!

I've checked and I don't have other copies of V4.2 floating around in any other runtimes.  My runtime inside PoserPro 2010 is completely clean.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this?

I really need help.  I"m at a standstill with a couple of pieces on this.

DA Grant.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:31 PM · edited Thu, 15 July 2010 at 7:32 PM

V4 needs to be in the main runtime folder.

You can copy the files to an external runtime and use them from there, but the original files still have to be in the main poser runtime.

Oh, and don't forget to run the .dat file after each file is installed.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

FaeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 9:51 PM

So, why did it work before?   I've had Michael installed in the external only and he works just fine.  Is it just Vickie?

Oh, how are you doing?  I keep praying for you.  :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:01 PM

This problem you have appears over and over because the DAZ "Update V4" utility either didn't run correctly, or didn't get run at all.  A very irritating thing is that it can fail and give you no indication that it had a problem.  As Acadia says it does seem to get confused by having content in mixed runtimes rather than the built-in runtime.

My Freebies

FaeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:09 PM

Okay, then I'll try putting her in the Poser file and run everything else externally then, like morphia and creature creator etc.  Thanks!

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2010 at 10:14 PM

Be sure you run the "Update V4" utility at the end :)

My Freebies

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 11:25 AM

I had these same issues. i had to re-install V4, Sp4 etc to my main runtime.
Then I had to actually turn my computer OFF for it to work. It did not work with the reboot.
Most annoying.
cheerio
lululee

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 11:25 AM

I had these same issues. i had to re-install V4, Sp4 etc to my main runtime.
Then I had to actually turn my computer OFF for it to work. It did not work with the reboot.
Most annoying.
cheerio
lululee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.