Wed, Sep 18, 6:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Vertex Modeller Drawing Planes

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2010 at 1:14 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Hi Mark,

I've been working through your VTC Tutorial set for C7Pro.  Very well done by the way.  Having upgraded to C8Pro I thought it made sence to use C8 instead of C7 to work throught the lesson files.  I'm currently working on chapter 10 - Vertex Modeller, in particular movie 15,16, and 17, which uses reference images attached to the drawing plane or grid.  All fairly straight forward and quite easy to follow, and everthing worked flawlessly in C7Pro.  So here is my problem.  In C8Pro, I zoom in to get a better look at the front or side images so I can plot my curves and then when I try to pan to continue to plot the rest of the image, the entire drawing grid and my previously marked points move away from the image thus loosing my alignment with the image. It appears the image loads as a background image and not onto the drawing grid.  Quite frustrating to say the least!  Can you suggest a workaround.  I submitted a bug report to Daz, when I tried this lesson with the initial release of C8Pro and we've had a couple of updates since then.  The problem persists in Version 8.0.1.45. 

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2010 at 12:47 PM

I don't have that happening.  Are you in the 4 View when this happens or single view top or left/right or bottom?  I went into C8, added a vertex object and am in the Modeling room, clicked on Global and did the backdrop under the global tab.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 1:20 AM

That's my point... I don't want a backdrop image, I want the image to attach itself to the drawing grid (as it does in C7) so that when I pan the camera across the  image in one of the Ortho views (front  or side views) using Alt+LMB, my plotted curves and the drawing grid remain locked in position according to the reference image
But to answer your question, i start in a 4 view and I end in a full side or front view to plot the details.  It doesn't seem to matter if I start in the full vertex modeller or if I drop a vertex object in the assembly room and then load up my reference images.
I'm using a number of computers, 32 and 64 bit, Xp Pro and Windows 7.
As mentioned previously, C7Pro works flawlessly and I have absolutely no problem using reference images in the Vertex Modeller on any of my workstations.  I just can't seem to get the reference images to behave as such in the C8Pro Vertex Modeller.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 4:14 AM

Okay I guess where the confusion is that I went to the same Tutorial and looked at 15, 16, 17 (16 17 cover something else).  I checked out 14.  In the tutorial he is using what I mentioned the backdrop.  Can you tell me how you are loading a background image that is viewable in the vertex modeling room then I can see if its happening on mine.  That and I would like to see how that works and where you are loading your images into.

When I load up the backdrop images they stay locked to the grid, when I pan using either the keyboard + mouse button or using the icons the screen moves the grid stays with the image.  

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:17 AM

Hi ProPose001, 

I can confirm. Looks like you discovered a regression bug. I'll file a report too.

Mark

ProPose001 ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2010 at 1:14 PM

Quote -  Hi ProPose001, 

I can confirm. Looks like you discovered a regression bug. I'll file a report too.

Mark

Thanks Mark

ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2010 at 9:26 PM

Hi All,

I just downloaded the update  Carrara 8.1.0.18 and I can tell you that the problem outlined above STILL Persists.  Bummer!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.