Mon, Sep 23, 3:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Poser 64-bit ?

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 5:38 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:32 PM

Hi all,

Currently have Poser 8 SR3, and today I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit. Do I need to download a 64-bit version of Poser 8 (if it exists), or will the current 32-bit Poser work just fine ? 
(PS I have no intention of upgrading to Poser 2010).

thanks,
Andrew

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 5:47 AM

There's no 64 bit version of Poser 8. The 32 bit should work fine. 

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 8:26 AM

I changed from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 when it first came out, never had a problem with it..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 9:00 AM

Quote - I changed from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 when it first came out, never had a problem with it..

Do you mean you never applied any updates after instalation???

P

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 9:09 AM

Not sure what you mean, Poser 8 is running with the latest update and Windows 7 is updated regularly too, but I have it prompt me first so I have control over what gets updated..
However I still tend to use Poser 7 rather than 8 because I render in Vue 8.5 Infinite and only use Poser for character creation..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 10:35 AM

Mathman- I did the reverse- got a new machine with Win7 64-bit, then went out and bought Poser 8. I upgraded to SR3 immediately after installing and haven't had any problems. SR3 will run fine on the 64 bit version of Win7.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2010 at 2:09 PM

Thanks all. I think you have answered my question quite admirably.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.