Tue, Sep 24, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Probably a simple solution

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 12:59 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

I am using Photoshop CS3 on an iMac running Snow Leopard.

This is more than likely a very rudimentary question so please forgive my ignorance in advance.
I have a .tiff of a line art drawing I want to include as part of a graffiti scene I am working on.  Its a simple line art on white background on one layer.  I want to get rid of all white pixels; ie make them transparent to just leave the lines.  This drawing will be used on a concrete post so the post's texture needs to be visible through what were the white pixels. I will then experiment with blending options to get the best result. My question is, is there a quick way of removing these pixels. Quicker I mean than using eraser and painting them out manually, which I have started to do but which I simply cannot believe there is not a better way.  I'm an occasional PS user, so please be gentle with me!

prixat ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 2:26 AM

file_459605.jpg

This is CS2 on a PC but it should still apply.

A quick but destructive method is to use the 'Magic eraser'... you will probably have to play with the tolerance settings.

regards
prixat

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 2:47 AM

Quote - This is CS2 on a PC but it should still apply.

A quick but destructive method is to use the 'Magic eraser'... you will probably have to play with the tolerance settings.

Oh wow, one click... excellent. Many thanks, take care

drky

tantarus ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 7:06 AM

If its white background, simply put whole image above concrete without deleting anything. And set the blend mode to Darken, it will remove white color and leave the piece you need.

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 11:45 AM

Quote - If its white background, simply put whole image above concrete without deleting anything. And set the blend mode to Darken, it will remove white color and leave the piece you need.

See I knew I was coming to the right place. You guys know all the tricks. I dont spend nearly enough time in PS.  Many thanks again.

Stefi aka drkfetyshnyghts

angelawebber ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 4:26 AM

Attached Link: Abler Equine Pharmaceuticals

cool..great artwork...teach me that next time.

Abler provides good and quality horse medicines.  Visit www.abler.com and get the value for your money and professional consultations.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.