Wed, Sep 18, 7:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT: Build your own Dalek

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 10:07 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:09 AM

Back in the early ’80s if a Doctor Who fan requested plans from the BBC on how to construct his own Dalek he actually got them. ...

nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdness/build-your-own-dalek-from-the-official-bbc-blueprints/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 11:20 PM

Attached Link: Project Dalek

Very nice link.  Thanks for posting.

If anyone is really interested in making their own Dalek, either a full size build or CGI model, I strongly recommend they take a look at Project Dalek.  They have created a complete set of plans for almost every variant model.  The finished results are as good as - and in many cases better than - the screen originals.

The site requires membership but it's free to join and all the plans are available for members to download.  There are also forums for every aspect of Dalek building, where help and advice is available in abundance.  There are also showcase galleries for members to show their work, including an ever expanding CGI section, which features the work of Mechmaster, an incredibly skilled modeller and artist.  

Please note, it's a strictly On Topic site, with the focus on the building of Daleks.  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 9:54 AM · edited Fri, 01 October 2010 at 9:56 AM

I find this thread a bit painful....you see, many moons ago, my late brother was a VFX designer at the BBC, including Doctor Who.  One time he purloined for me a real Dalek, a special one which had been built by the BBC at half-scale for a Spike Milligan sketch about a family of Daleks.  Some time later, my dad, get ready for this, gave, yes GAVE it away....I can only imagine how much it would go on Ebay for nowadays.....:)  He also gave away the Sea Devil mask and the Davros hand my brother had given me.....

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 10:15 AM

please avoid the new "iDaleks"

what was the BBC design dept thinking with those...

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 10:18 AM

Quote - please avoid the new "iDaleks"

Gee, I thought Microsoft was the Evil Empire: whod-a-thunk it was really Apple... :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 10:55 PM

EXTERMINATE!

My Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.