Mon, Jul 8, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: O.T. Time traveler..?

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 11:01 AM · edited Mon, 01 July 2024 at 6:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU&feature=player_embedded

This is about a piece of footage a film maker (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in a Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

In 1928..!?

Is this for real.. or a coincidental fluke of misinterpretation..    The footage is authentic and real...  

can you hear me now!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 11:45 AM

if that's her from the future, who's she calling as she's currently in the past

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 12:17 PM

Horay for Blue Tooth!

Now all the crazies that walked around muttering to themselves can look like they are talking on the phone.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 12:18 PM

It's fake! Did you take a look at the shadow on the sidewalk along with the transparency of the elephant statue as she or he walked behind it? It's a fake.  :lol:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 12:25 PM · edited Fri, 29 October 2010 at 12:28 PM

Fake or not, it's a brilliant idea for a book....or a film...like a Michael Moorcock novel.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 1:43 PM · edited Fri, 29 October 2010 at 1:44 PM

@ThunderStone

It's fake! Did you take a look at the shadow on the sidewalk along with the transparency of the elephant statue as she or he walked behind it? It's a fake.

How can it be a fake...  If you bought the chapplin movie you can see it there as well...   Unless George Clarke is lying about it being in the movie CD's that anyone can buy from the store...  Then his reputation for film making is out the window...

@bobbystahr

she is calling her other time traveling partner..? think of the roaming charges...!

@Paul Francis: yes it would...There is already a debunking story..   They are claiming it is an 1924 Siemens hearing aid..  Transisitors were not around till the 1950's... A vacumm tube hearing aid..?  and a car battery...?   probably why she looked so heavy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:20 PM

She/He has whats called an Ear Trumpet,  google it, it was used for the hearing impaired, you can see he/she adjusting it near the end.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 1:52 AM

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 3:52 AM

LOL...the steam powered model was the delux version and offered the automatic ear cleaning and wax removal feature.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 5:23 AM
Forum Moderator

Well if it's a hearing aid, why is she talking into it?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 6:00 AM · edited Sat, 30 October 2010 at 6:01 AM

Well now that I look at the shape of the device... I can see it being mistaken by a cell phone...   as far as talking into it..  I use to, as a child, cup my hand covering part of my ear and talk into my palm.. I enjoyed doing that,,   perhaps this person is doing the same... 

BTW..  I still do it.....  :) 

but not as often... 

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 7:37 AM · edited Sat, 30 October 2010 at 7:40 AM

@ Bryster...she's either talking to the chap who was walking in front of her and is now off screen or someone else who is off screen and so it seems as if she's talking to herself.

Maybe that guy was her husband and he was trying to get out of ear shot from his hard of hearing and yacking wife...who knows? It was a Charley Chaplin movie.

scanmead ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 8:34 AM

This is a classic example of how people can misinterpret things from the past based on current culture. Mayan animal headpieces become space helmets. Egyptian paintings show rocket ships. Hebrew visions are populated with aliens. It's an irritating human habit of forcing an easy explanation on things they don't understand.

What time-traveler worth their salt would walk down a public street, much less at a premier being filmed, using a device that would draw attention? Wouldn't she at least duck down an alley?

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 12:20 PM

@scanmead:...  You are right...  And there are smaller communication devices that are virtually invisible.. not to mention in a time long ahead of us in a time where time travel is a technological reality, the communication devices will be even smarter..

One point:  this short clip is a small magnified part of a wider angle shot outside the theater as a " back drop shot"  included in the movie story.. 

the people caught in it did not know there was a camera capturing the area...  So our mystery person would not have known about it in order to avoid it...

%20H.G.%20Wells%27%20Time%20Machine.jpg)

scanmead ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 1:52 PM

Still, on a public, well-lit street. And I certainly hope this woman is not a glimpse of a typical lady from the future.

Now that is a time machine. ;)

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 3:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=537395&user_id=25636&np&np

![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_54/display_537395.jpg) 

Hey, that looks alot like my Time Machine model...LOL

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 3:50 PM

good modeling Quest....  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.