Wed, Sep 18, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: recognize this font?

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2010 at 7:06 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:58 AM

file_461223.png

Hi, I was wondering if anyone recognizes the font in the attached image. my company created a slew of images that need retouched and they have no idea what the font is either. I just went through the entire PS cs5's fonts and its not there, so it must have been an installed font.

Thanks

Lucie ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 6:46 AM

It's never worked very well for me, but you may want to give those two a shot, you never know!

http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

http://www.whatfontis.com/

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 7:49 AM

Thank you for the links, the 2nd address came up with some that were closebut none that I found had the same type of o,0 or the curved 7.

hmm maybe one of my flash files used the same font.  you know it would be really nice if people in companies would make a list of the materials they used when times like these arise  lol  talk about a wild goose chase.

Lucie ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 8:05 AM

Yes, it is a wild goose chase, there are so many fonts out there and so many of them look alike with only small variations, it's discouraging to try and find a specific one when you don't have a name, all you have is a small image. 

Maybe they'd understand though if you explain to them how it's practically impossible to find the exact same font but you can use one that is pretty close?  Maybe they wouldn't even notice the difference!  ;)

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

prixat ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 2:44 AM

It looks like one of the Franklin family.

Try Franklin Gothic

http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/franklin-gothic/

regards
prixat

Lucie ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 6:32 AM

Oh!!!  You're good!!!  It sure does look like it!  :)

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 1:12 PM

It sure is Frankin Gothic, great eye thank you.

I had to adjust the character settings to get it right, the sizing wasn't natural. no wonder I couldnt find it. I made the adjustment over top of the image and it ended lining up perfectly.

Thank you again

prixat ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 5:00 PM

It seems I've spent far too long working with typefaces :biggrin:

Hey Lucie, did you say use a font thats close and no one will notice!!!?

Thats typographic blasphemy, you'll go straight to Helvetica for that. :ohmy: :biggrin:

regards
prixat

Lucie ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 6:36 PM

rofl  I know hey!  Shame on me! :blushing:

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

retrocity ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 7:40 PM

@prixat,

LOVE that line!!!

gonna have to use that next time during a staff meeting when i come against someone in upper management telling how to design!!!

scott

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.