Sun, Oct 6, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Got the email about the final version! Problem though.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2010 at 10:31 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:29 PM

I received the email to get the final version, however the link points to my 8.5 version and not ver 9.  Hmmmm.

i did send a ticket in, I was just wondering whether others got this also, or am I special?

3DNeo ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2010 at 11:34 PM

Quote - I received the email to get the final version, however the link points to my 8.5 version and not ver 9.  Hmmmm.

i did send a ticket in, I was just wondering whether others got this also, or am I special?

No, the same thing happened to me and it appears to be everyone I talked with so far. It's the same trouble they had before and their links and servers are messed up again. I don't think they have ever gotten it right the first time around. We should see an email correction soon though. :)

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 2:47 AM

I don't jump anymore, I wait a few days for the server overloads and other issues to go away before downloading these days..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

AVANZ ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 3:28 AM

The link in the email sends you to the wrong order (Vue 8.5). 

This is what you should do: 

Go to your account, scroll down to "Your orders, Download Links, Serial numbers and Invoices", click on Vue 9 Infinite. This will take you to the Vue 9 order page, scroll down to "Download links", and click "Send Download Links". 

That's it! 

Cheers

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 5:13 AM

Is it just me or is friday a very silly day for a release, given that they will not be in the office during the weekend and therefore technical issues with people installing will go un-answered till monday....

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 7:29 AM · edited Fri, 05 November 2010 at 7:32 AM

file_461245.jpg

I download my Vue 9 now. I requested new download links from my Vue 9 order page.

Before you update your Vue 9, un-install the Pre-Relase from your computer. To avoid problems on installation!

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

alexcoppo ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 10:30 AM

+1 to thefixer and Rich_Potter... yes, Friday is the worst day in the week.

A professional team does the last checks on the setup on Monday, sends mails on Monday night and makes the thing available from Tuesday, having at least 3 days (Wednesday to Friday) to fix inevitable problems.

Bye!!!

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 5:44 PM

Even with the new download link for version 9 instead of 8.5, I'm having problems.  The first half downloads OK, but then after a while, I get this message:

Error when downloading Vue Infinite Part 2: The operation timed out.

Could it be that  the server is still being over-taxed?  Anyone else having the same problem?

fingers ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 6:05 PM

Ha !! I can't even get to the e-on main page :O) Maybe it's paying customers only at first... then the "maintenance" crew gets to go later.

Really... I think the server is just getting smacked good right now, maybe it will be better in a while.

thd777 ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 6:52 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2010 at 6:58 PM

Well, I guess I was lucky again. I downloaded without problem in the morning (I am on maintenance). So far the full release is working nicely.

After playing with the pre-release for the past weeks, I must say that this is my favorite version upgrade so far.

If your download is slow or can't connect at the moment, be patient and check out the new "Vue 9 Essentials" videos at Geekatplay.com. That way you can see a lot of what is new. Lots of good info there.

Ciao

TD

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 4:52 AM

love the new gui, its really nice.

Rich

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 5:39 AM

Quote - I don't jump anymore, I wait a few days for the server overloads and other issues to go away before downloading these days..

Wish I'd waited - took over 13 hours to download the content zip file and that's on Virgin who claim to be the fastest broadband in the uk !!

Gill

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 10:24 AM

Quote - ........

Wish I'd waited - took over 13 hours to download the content zip file and that's on Virgin who claim to be the fastest broadband in the uk !!

I've been wondering about that - I downloaded the extra files with the Beta release.  Do I need to download again - I've always assumed nothing's changed as far as the content is concerned??

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 10:26 AM

according to the forum on the e-on site its a "new content" package, not sure how though just what I read.

The server was back to normal this morning though, downloaded at 1.6mb/s rather nicely :)

Gill, it was more than likely the server than virgins service, but from experience when I lived in uk, this is the only time you can count on that :D

Rich

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 10:31 AM

The one that was there for the pre-release was for 8.  The one there now is for 9; so it would be a good idea to grab it when you can.

marren ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 9:04 PM

I also tried 3 times to download. Everytime I clicked on the download link the browser froze. Needless to say I have used up the 3x download limit. Tried to find a link for resetting, but was not successfull. Wish now I had waited longer. And the Extra Content link took me to a wrong page.

Can somebody point me in the right direction for asking for a resetting of the download?

Thank you in advance.

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 4:06 AM

I had the same problem. After I finished the Vue9 download, I can't download the extras CD. (Three times download blablabla) I contacted a technician; now I have to wait till Monday :-/

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 9:37 AM

Quote - I had the same problem. After I finished the Vue9 download, I can't download the extras CD. (Three times download blablabla) I contacted a technician; now I have to wait till Monday :-/

Mazak

Funny, I didn't see you in the "Waiting for Monday & extras CD download access" que but it must be getting pretty long;)

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 9:55 AM

Ja the download Vue 9 was very slowly but however stable, so I waited with download the extras CD. Now it is no longer possible to finish the download. The link is wrong on my account site. :-/

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

FalseBogus ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 2:20 PM

Quote - Ja the download Vue 9 was very slowly but however stable, so I waited with download the extras CD. Now it is no longer possible to finish the download. The link is wrong on my account site. :-/

Mazak

Exactly like my story too.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 3:55 PM

The corpses are piling up (insert evil laughter here). I personally am going to wait until the end of this week at least.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 4:18 PM

Quote - ... Virgin who claim to be the fastest broadband in the uk !!

It doesn't matter how fast your connection is if the sending server isn't sending stuff very fast.

FalseBogus ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:13 AM

Quote - The corpses are piling up (insert evil laughter here). I personally am going to wait until the end of this week at least.

??

I'm just missing the extras cd and can use Vue 9 just fine without it too.

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 4:35 AM

Good News! The Download link for the Extras CD on your Account page is fixed. I download atm. the 1.4 GB file.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 10:28 AM

Quote - Good News! The Download link for the Extras CD on your Account page is fixed. I download atm. the 1.4 GB file.

Mazak

Hmmm....I am on the maintenance plan, and when I click on the Download Extras CD link on my Account page, I am taken to the e-on home page (e-onsoftware.com.)   How are you accessing your download, Mazak?

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 10:38 AM · edited Mon, 08 November 2010 at 10:41 AM

file_461364.jpg

Here on your account page. Copy and paste the link to your browser. If you have trouble with download I can send you a PM with the link.

Mazak

"Hi Bodo,

I've reset your downloads and re-sent your download links via separate email.

If clicking on the link doesn't work, try pasting it into the address line of your browser and downloading from there.

Hope that helps.

Best regards.
Lee Randall"

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 11:09 AM

Nope - even typing in  the exact address of the zip file takes me to the e-onsoftware.com home page.  Guess I'll just have to wait until I get a response to my support ticket.

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 11:16 AM

I am feel sorry for you. I tested the link and it is no longer working! Unbelievable fault from e-on... :ohmy:

I had luck with download the right time.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 12:43 PM

Better it worked for you than for neither of us.  Good for you,  Mazak!  I have patience, though;)

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 1:44 PM

Yippee!  My patience paid off.  I just had a message from Lee and am downloading the Extras zip right now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.