Thu, Sep 19, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Poser & Mojoworld 3.1

Danny_G ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 4:57 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 5:01 PM

Since Mojoworld has stopped further development in 2005 it only fully supports Poser Version 6 (The latest) Can someone provided a link where I can get this version. I have tried several searches but keep getting deverted to pages to purchase the current version 8.

Regards

Danny

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 10:45 AM

Attached Link: Poser 6 - Amazon

Amazon list two copies "new & used" I'm not sure what the mfgr's policy is on transferring licenses is, you might want to check that before buying a used copy. I imagine you could probably find some on eBay. 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Danny_G ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 11:08 AM

Thanks never even thought of Amazon. Appreciate your time

Regards

Danny

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 2:07 PM

eFroniter's license allowed license transfers, at least for Poser 7...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 2:29 PM · edited Sun, 07 November 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quote - eFroniter's license allowed license transfers, at least for Poser 7...

Since SM took over there are no license transfers allowed.
I suspect that Mojo will cope with newer versions of Poser provided the files don't make use of features introduced later (it ought to just ignore anything is doesn't recognise).
If it's fussy about version numbers, it's straight forward to change that in files.

Danny_G ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 2:48 PM

Mojo will us Poser as a fully supported plug-in with the proper version (Ver 6). Hense you need to set the path from Mojo to the .exe of Poser for the intitial set up. If its not 6 or lower it will prompt error : unsupported. I can create a model in Poser than export to 3ds obj which Mojo will load, but as mentioned above the two working together gives it more realism, other wise they look like cartoons compared to the scene that Mojo is generating. $250 is alot for what I would like to use it for. Thanks again for the help.

Danny

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 4:30 PM

Quote - Mojo will us Poser as a fully supported plug-in with the proper version (Ver 6). Hense you need to set the path from Mojo to the .exe of Poser for the intitial set up. If its not 6 or lower it will prompt error : unsupported.

That does put things in a different light, as Mojo would appear to be doing more extensive checks than other programs that use use the Poser SDK.

Quote - I can create a model in Poser than export to 3ds obj which Mojo will load ...

The 3DS format has a polygon limit (64K) so once your model reaches that, bits will be missing on import.
Assuming Mojo imports OBJ files, that's probably the best format for models with more polys than 3DS can handle.

Dizzi ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 4:43 PM

Quote - That does put things in a different light, as Mojo would appear to be doing more extensive checks than other programs that use use the Poser SDK.

There isn't anything special about that behaviour. It's the same for older Vue versions or Carrara's Transposer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.