Wed, Sep 18, 11:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Remove V4 magnets?

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 2:10 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 1:47 AM

Yet another question related to my attempts to make clothing for V4... While I'm adjusting the joint parameters, I need to have the clothes magnetized to V4 so that I know if a pokethrough issue is fixed by the magnets or if I need to change the bending zones to fix it. However, I need to remove the magnets before I save the clothing to my library, so that I'm not saving DAZ's magnets in with my clothes. I have tried setting Poser to show all deformers, which shows me where the magnets are, but I can't select them. When I click on the magnets' morph listings in the Parameter Dials window, the option to delete morph is grayed out so I can't click on it. Does anyone know how to un-magnetize the clothes?

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 3:33 PM

You should use the dev version of V4 to to make clothing and not the V4.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 4:01 PM

Just so.  The Dev version was included in "V4 Complete" for sure, and may have been distributed in the base package also.  If you decide to do this by hand it's a whole lot of careful CR2 editing.

My Freebies

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 4:33 PM

I have no dev version for V4, I only have the free downloads and Morphs ++. But I don't see how that would help me, because I'm trying to see how clothing will interact with V4 (with magnets); it seems like using a dev version would defeat the whole endeavor?

I just remembered that I've found magnets in the Hierarchy Editor before. I'll have to see if I can find them, select them from the Editor, and delete them.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 5:23 PM · edited Tue, 23 November 2010 at 5:23 PM

Ah I think we are misunderstanding each other.  The "Magnetize Clothing" poses do not actually add magnets to the conformer.  They set the magnets in V4 to affect the conformer.  While channel dials appear in the conformer after you run the "Magnetize" pose, the real change is happening in the conform TARGET (V4).  You can see this clearly in the Hierarchy Manager window.

In short, nothing for you to do there, it's handled.

edit: if you DO see magnets in your conformer, they were added when you applied the donor rig, as Jules and I thought you meant.

My Freebies

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 11:08 PM

OH, I SEE NOW! I'm sure I read somewhere that the pose "applies the same magnets" to the clothing, but that's obviously not what really happens... thanks so much for explaining it! No magnets were added in the rigging of my figure, but I was looking for them in the figure after applying the pose and I couldn't find them. No wonder, because they weren't there to begin with...

This attempt at making clothing for V4 is frying my brain. I've made some conforming clothes for other figures, and I honestly don't remember it being this frustrating. I guess that which doesn't kill my computer will make me a stronger Poser user, right? (And I am so glad that I have access to all of you Poser experts who are willing to answer my questions!)

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2010 at 12:34 AM

Once you get a grip on what the magnets are doing, that's the only thing that's particularly different, you'll be fine from there on.

My Freebies

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2010 at 8:21 AM

Quote - OH, I SEE NOW! I'm sure I read somewhere that the pose "applies the same magnets" to the clothing, but that's obviously not what really happens.

When you load a magnet into something, in the Mag's properties you will find a button "Add Element to Deform". This button allows you to to extend the influence of the magnet to any element in the scene, even part of another figure or a prop. The Magnetize poses do the same thing. The magnets are parented to V4, and load with it, but a magnetize pose will extend the influence of the magnets to the figure that is selected (the clothing figure) at the time the pose is applied. It is a "deformTarget" line or lines that do the job, For example:

{

version
        {
        number 4
        }
magnetDeformerProp Mag  2
        {
        deformTarget head
        }
}

The above pose says to extend the influence of a magnet named "Mag 2" to the head of the currently selected figure. Of course the body part still needs to fall within the Mag Zone for anything to happen. Although the magnets in V4 are hidden, you can still select individual magnets via the Hierarchy Editor, this allows you to delete them or alter their parameters. With magnatized clothing, each magnatized part should contain dials that you can use to turn the influence of the magnet off, the names of dials for the magnets will start with "V4", eg "V4RCollarTrapUp".

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.