Mon, Sep 9, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Audio Editing FX and Foley software

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2010 at 1:04 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 8:29 AM

I am trying to add more audio to my animations, and I am seeking a useful set of audio tools. As it stands, I am doing the audio editing in traditional audio programs, and having to bounce back and forth to the video editor to get timing cues, and then import the segments into AE. AE's audio tools and handling are, in my opinion, poor at best. This is annoying and slows my work. I am really looking for a good audio editing package that will allow me to have a video window present for timing purposes.  I have seen such programs in use, but have never gotten a name for reference.  Ideally I am also seeking the following features:

• Multiple audio layers/tracks
  • Audio effects & processing
  • wide range of audio format import/export
  • Audio tools and filters for cleaning & sweetening audio
  • video playback for synching and timing purposes
  • Time displays in samples as well as frames for proper video synch.

There are other features that would be nice too, but those are my primary concern.  So far, all I can find is the rather prohibitively priced Sound Forge tools from Sony, and while they state it supports Video playback for synching, there are no screenshots to support it, and after previous deceptions from Sony i do not trust their word alone.  I am on a limitted budget (as all my funding has already gone into 3D programs, Video Editors, Hardware, and 3D content).

If anyone can recomend some good programs that might work, I would be grateful.

I must reiterate, though, resident video playback for timing is a must.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.