Wed, Sep 18, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Turning multiple props into a single figure in Poser

chimera46 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 7:18 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to turn multiple props into a single figure in poser. Any idea on how to do that?

Specifically, I need to fuse together 4-5 different torus like props into a single piece and then make it a figure that conforms to V4's forearm (it's a bracelet/gauntlet type deal).

I think I've got a handle on making it a conforming figure, it's fusing separate props into a single piece that I'm stuck on.

Is this even possible to do within Poser? (I've for Poser Pro 2010).

Any help would be appreciated.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 7:42 PM

Quote - I think I've got a handle on making it a conforming figure, it's fusing separate props into a single piece that I'm stuck on. Is this even possible to do within Poser? (I've for Poser Pro 2010).

Yes, it's possible. All you need to do is export the props to a single OBJ, pick the items you want in the file by using the Subset option.
It would be a good idea to use the Grouping tool to assign appropriate groups and mateials before exporting, and therefore be sure to tick the right options in the export dialog.

DrGeep has tutorials covering the steps if you want an illustrated guide.

chimera46 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quote - Yes, it's possible. All you need to do is export the props to a single OBJ, pick the items you want in the file by using the Subset option.
It would be a good idea to use the Grouping tool to assign appropriate groups and mateials before exporting, and therefore be sure to tick the right options in the export dialog.

DrGeep has tutorials covering the steps if you want an illustrated guide.

Sweet, thanks a bunch!

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 7:54 AM

file_462324.jpg

1) load the props into the scene. 2) open the hierarchy window. 3) drag and drop the props to form the required parent/child relationships. 4) click the "Create Figure" button 5) when prompted give the figure a name. It will be created for you and stored in your "New Figures" folder. You may need to search for that but it will be there. 6) load the new figure and test.

Hope that helps.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 8:04 AM

You can then position and parent that to any figure.

If you need to conform it to that specific figure:-

1. load V4 and set into the absolute zero pose.
  2. load your props and position to suit on the forearm.
  3. export out the props as a single OBJ file. File > Export Wavefront OBJ. Select just the props in the export dialog.
  4. Open the file in UVMapper (the free version will be ok).
  5. Select all > Assign to > group > "rForeArm" (or lForeArm).
  6. Save the file.
  7. Import the file into Poser with none of the import boxes selected.
  8. Ensure that the imported object is selected and go to the set up room.
  9. Open the library and navigate to the V4 figure. Preferably the development version of the figure.
  10. double click on the thumbnail to add the figure's rigging to your prop.
  11. return to the pose room where your prop will now be a figure.
  12. fully zero the new figure.
  13. go to Edit > Memorize > figure. This will remove any preset bends.
  14. conform to V4.
  15. save to library.

Hope that helps.

chimera46 ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 10:48 AM

Thanks so much for the in depth advice, it's a big help!

generation2235 ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 3:11 PM

Waking up this old thread with a need of some assistance in creating a figure from multiple props in Poser 11. But I ran into a problem when attempting to Create New Figure. I'll put the New Figure Name into the required field but then the New Figure Name prompt pops up again asking me to enter the new figure name again, this over and over until I hit Cancel. Nevertheless the newly-created figure does not appear in the New Figures folder afterward. Below is a screenshot of what's happening and I hope that offers us some clues as to what might be wrong. Looking forward to your help. Thanks.6re8D3skd2co2WrPJVc0aLb8WOgTomkQiZrVVM5q.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.