Fri, Sep 20, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Fitting M4 for David 3 - can it be done?

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 11:45 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 3:06 PM

I have created a few characters in David 3 but there are a number of clothes and props fitted for M4. Is there an application or technique for having M4 clothes and props fit David 3?

Or is there an application that can "change' David 3 to Michael 4?

Is either advisable?

Thanks in advance.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 11:57 AM · edited Mon, 27 December 2010 at 11:59 AM

Before you sink a lot of money into anything for this purpose you may want to hang on a little while longer - I'd be greatly surprised and disappointed if the release of "David 4" was not within a month or two, I'd bet he's already in final QC at DAZ.  I'm actually pretty disappointed and surprised he's not already available.  I guess the Reby Sky marketing blitz took priority over, y'know, having a normal looking guy as part of your product line.

edit: I say this is likely because they got V4:Stephanie 4 working pretty well tech-wise, and having the Proportions bodypart scaling features implemented for M4:David 4 would not be nearly as hard as it would have been the first time around; it'd be new morphs that would take them some time to do.

You can convert clothing that is modeled and rigged for M4 to D3 but if it's a very complex model, it will be a lot of work for each item and the results may not be satisfactory.  For simple stuff without any "hard" detailing on it (buckles, snaps, pockets etc) it can work better though.

My Freebies

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 12:11 PM

Thank you, pjz99, but that doesn't help in having M4 clothing fit for David 3 characters, does it?

I have David 3. (At least I thought I did. Now you're making me wonder.) What are you referring to with Daz coming out with David 3?

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 12:17 PM

Wardrobe Wizard? Built into Poser 8/Pro 2010. Does need the support packs from philc.net. About as good a conversion solution as is out there. If you have Poser 7 or less, it can be purchased as a stand alone program as well.

My $.02

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 12:20 PM

Quote - Thank you, pjz99, but that doesn't help in having M4 clothing fit for David 3 characters, does it? I have David 3. (At least I thought I did. Now you're making me wonder.) What are you referring to with Daz coming out with David 3?

Meant "David 4" (corrected it earlier).  The point was, it may work better to redo your D3 characters with M4:David 4 when it is released, rather than spend a lot of work and possibly money converting clothing from M4 to D3 with hit-and-miss results.

My Freebies

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 4:40 PM

But why all the fuss? As basicwiz said: Wardrobe Wizard will convert the clothes for you in a few clicks. If you've got Poser 8, then you HAVE Wardrobe Wizard, and if not, well it's among the best money I've ever spent on Poser.

There's no way in sevel hells I'm going to bother re-morphing all my M3 and D3 characters myself to their version 4 counterparts, David 4 or not. I happen to think D3 is the best figure EVER made for Poser, he bends perfectly AND he looks like a real human, unlike the version 4 figures.

That's in my opinion of course. Yours may differ.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 6:00 PM

Well, I have Poser 8 so now I just have to find out how to do as TrekkieGrrrl states and use the Wardrobe Wizard. Is there any trick to it that would be good to know? I don't know much about it. Thanks for the tip!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 6:25 PM

You will need the additional modules for D3 and M4 for WW2 to work. 

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 27 December 2010 at 7:38 PM

actually the easiest way is to get the DPH remap so that your D3 and M4 can share textures.  get them to share with one you like, then make the M4 head invisible and make the D3 body invisible, move them so they are in the right spots and then parent the D3 to the M4 head. Now you  have the D3 head frankensteined to M4.  there are slight gaps that are barely noticeable where the necks join, and you can postwork them out.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Michaelab ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 10:49 AM

hborre, what do you mean by "You will need the additional modules for D3 and M4 for WW2 to work. " What modules are those and where do I get them?

Michaelab ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 10:50 AM

Quote - actually the easiest way is to get the DPH remap so that your D3 and M4 can share textures.  get them to share with one you like, then make the M4 head invisible and make the D3 body invisible, move them so they are in the right spots and then parent the D3 to the M4 head. Now you  have the D3 head frankensteined to M4.  there are slight gaps that are barely noticeable where the necks join, and you can postwork them out.

Love esther

Great idea, Esther. I might have to try that.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 11:56 AM

PhilC, the creator of Wardrobe Wizard2, puts out additional figure support packs, for a price, to supplement the software.  The original does comes equipped with some rudimentary figures.  You can find more here:

http://www.philc.net/store_WW_Extra_Figs.php

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2010 at 3:37 PM

I have used Crossdresser, and that is free but needs the converter for your target, so you need the david 3 module to convert anything to D3. about $10 per module, so not a big expense.

flibbits ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 3:47 PM

"The point was, it may work better to redo your D3 characters with M4:David 4 when it is released..."

It's very difficult to make M4 look like a D3 character.  For one thing M4 has the rubber biceps which never seem to look right.

MyCat ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 11:08 PM

Wardrobe Wizard would be good for me, but besides the fact I'd need packs 2, 4, 5, and 7 I have Poser Pro 2010 not Poser 8 :(

Cross Dresser has worked well for me in the past.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 10:38 PM · edited Sat, 01 January 2011 at 10:39 PM

Quote - Wardrobe Wizard would be good for me, but besides the fact I'd need packs 2, 4, 5, and 7 I have Poser Pro 2010 not Poser 8 :(

Cross Dresser has worked well for me in the past.

Go look in your python scripts.  Check out the very first button.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.