Fri, Sep 20, 4:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Banding effect in Michael's Conforming Long Hair

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 2:35 PM · edited Wed, 25 October 2023 at 3:55 PM

file_463884.gif

Hi,

I bought Michael's Conforming Long Hair (http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=575) and I changed the color to blond but now I am getting this 'banding' effect on the outer edige. Is there a way I can get rid of that or smooth it in. It appears that the head section of the hair has 3 layers. A shot of the hair is attached.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 2:59 PM

looks like there is a specular on the hair's surface. If there is, either turn it off or plug the specular value into the transparency map.

Laurie

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 5:32 PM

Go to the material room and reverse the normals on all of the hair areas.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 6:21 PM

I see depth mapped shadow artifacts on the forehead showing a "banding" effect, if that's what you mean.  For a quick test to see if that's what it is, just render with shadows disabled and see if they go away.

Depth mapped shadows are pretty much poo, I wouldn't use them for any stillframe render under any circumstances and have not for a few years.  Raytraced shadows are much much better, particularly under Poser 8 and later.

My Freebies

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2011 at 9:28 AM

I believe product was created for earlier figure / Poser version.  Therefore, need to adjust in Material Room, in manner suggested by other replies above.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.