Sat, Aug 3, 2:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: 3d Mouse?

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2011 at 1:24 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 7:23 PM

Anyone spring for one of these and is it as helpful as the hype would have us believe?

Poser?

Max?

Those are the two I'm concerned about, but what else?

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2011 at 2:09 PM

I tried a simple one with Poser, it wasnt overly helpfull.  The CAD guys at work have the expensive ones, now they are worth it.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:20 PM · edited Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:23 PM

I bought the Space Navigator by 3D Connexxion a couple of years ago.  It feels very much like an extension of my hand.  I don't use Poser's camera controls at all.

Photopium ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:22 PM

That's the one I'm looking at.  Good with poser then?  64 bit drivers?

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:24 PM · edited Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:38 PM

Quote - That's the one I'm looking at.  Good with poser then?  64 bit drivers?

Yup!  64bit and works beautifully!

I should note that the mouse's driver installer displays an additional list of extensions you can use for other programs.  Simply uncheck anthing you don't use and the core driver will finish installing.  Then just plug the mouse in and you're ready to go.  Poser automatically recognizes it.

One thing I also like is that you can adjust the sensitivity of every axis.

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 6:33 PM

In Poser, the Space Navigator is all you need. (unless you want to program buttons)  The higher end ones do not add any other functionality to Poser Users.

It takes some getting use to, but like others... I never touch the Camera controls... I only use it for the Camera, but you can use it for body manipulation as well as the cameras.

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.