Thu, Sep 19, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: How do you prevent this?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 5:22 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 9:10 PM

file_464996.jpg

I'm currently using PhilC's OBJ2CR2 to try to create a conforming shirt for Michael 4. OBJ2CR2 is definitely a lot easier to use than the setup room and has so far been a better tool, however, unfortunately I sometimes getting these weird anomalies with some of my figures. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 5:41 PM
Forum Moderator

If it's not grouping, try opening the Joint editor and turn off Sperical Falloff Zones, it may fix the problem, also you may have to adjust here and there to your liking.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 5:53 PM

Quote - If it's not grouping, try opening the Joint editor and turn off Sperical Falloff Zones, it may fix the problem, also you may have to adjust here and there to your liking.

I opened the joint editor but I don't see where the "Spherical Falloff Zones" control is?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 6:43 PM

OK. I figured it out. Thanks. It appears to be working ok with spherical falloff zones deselected. Thanks for the pointer! :)

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 6:55 PM

One more question. I went in and turned off spherical fall off zones for ALL the joints of my new figure. That seems to have solved the problem. It was rather tedious going into each joint and choosing all the different aspects of the joint and deselecting fall off zones. Is there a quick and easy way of turning off spherical fall off zones for ENTIRE figure without having to go into each individual joint?

thank you.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 7:25 PM

No there isn't, but now that you've done that, you might save the new figure you've created and treat it as a donor rig for future work.  Next time you rig something, just import the OBJ and go to the setup room, and load your adjusted rig.

My Freebies

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 9:24 PM

Some times it may not be appropriate to turn of the Falloff Zones. Test how the joint bends with and without the zones enabled. If it works better with the zones turned on, offten expanding the zones a little to so that they cover the vertices that are playin up will solve the problem.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 9:40 PM

file_465002.png

Here's a preview of things to come. Thank you BionicRooster for your help!

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 9:44 PM

file_465003.png

Here's a closeup of the shirt.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:21 AM

If you click the OBJ2CR2 help button and then in the web page that pops up click the link "Joint Parameters" you'll be able to see a video explaining what is required. There is a lot of other good information there also.

If your browser is unable to play the video then identical information is available on line in my YouTube channel. To get there click the "Tutorials" link on my home page.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.