Fri, Aug 2, 11:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: e-on down again?

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 12:48 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 3:37 PM

Getting a 503 error, same for you?

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 12:56 PM

yep, same for me, seriously? again?

Im beggining to think alex c was right, and its incompetance rather than a DDOS attack.

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 1:53 PM

Yep, likewise..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

yvesab ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 2:50 PM

I don't know if it's a coincidence but my activation code for Vue9 inf is considered as invalid today.

And I can't retrieve it from Eon for now ... painful experience.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 3:28 PM

Yves, it isn't linked. Did you start Vue as administrator?

Asuyuka ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 2:28 AM

Seriously?  Excuse me for sounding annoyed, just... I have this one picture idea.  Every single time I decide I should revisit it, it's down.  Every single time.  Hello Terragen, been a long time, how are you today? grumbles --;

alexcoppo ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 3:53 AM

I never understood why people, when have something that works, immediately set out to "improve" it. E-On sites work as they are; there is no need to a mess with them but changing for change's sake.

As soon as it is back up, I will renew my subscription (it terminates of Apr 22nd but better safe than sorry, I have no doubts that E-On would gladly jump of the opportunity to tell me sorry, it's over, buy it anew...) and then I can forget about them until, at least, 9.5 release.

B.t.w. this is rock solid evidence that last mess was not a DOS attack (an hypothesis that filled with enthusiam some denizens of this forum who were hoping to be then able to accuse E-On critics like me of cyber crime) but just some internal snafus.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 4:41 AM

It's back up now..

But for how long.....LOL

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

perilous7 ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 7:39 AM

makes you think though.. i know we all moan when vue crashes for the billionth time, its supposed to be rigorously tested BEFORE it goes out ?

but my thoughts go to the people who have to bug test it before hand lol i wonder how many bugs are present before we get our hands on it i do feel sorry for those guys :-) people of infinite patience...maybe thats where the infinite in vue infinite comes from lol 

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

forester ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 8:58 PM · edited Wed, 30 March 2011 at 9:06 PM

A little patience and a tad bit of charity, Folks! Site was taken down for maintenance, and to fix a bad error that popped up when a lot of users tried to log on at the same time. During the middle of the week to minimize impact on users. Quite a few broken links resulting from the denial of service attack from the week before that were hard to spot and didn't get repaired in the effort to restore the site as quickly as possible.. Don't know about you guys, but many of us have been pretty busy locating the broken links and reporting them to E-On and C3D. This is going to go on for a little bit longer, probably.

Also, the staff is a more than alittle fatigued. Much of the site had to be re-built by hand, including most of the data base and linkages to it. A lot of people have worked for more than 24-48 hours with no sleep.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2011 at 1:06 AM

Quote - ...from the denial of service attack from the week before...

There is a wonderful 1971 movie, Ettore Lo Fusto which is a fantastic parody of the Illiad, set in then contemporary Rome underworld.

One of the characters is Cassandra who, at the end is raped by... no! not at all! the thing is light years better. Unfortunately dialogue is probably un-translatable but for those who understand roman vernacular is the highest point of the movie. I will anyway try to describe the situation.

Cassandra (Franca Valeri) is being carried (literally lifted) by two gangsters and screams "Don't TOUCH ME!!!!" with the obvious implication of "Don't RAPE ME!". One of her captors looks coldly at her and calmly retorts:

"Don't EVEN HOPE it..."

The relevance?

A DOS for E-On sites? who do you believe to be to be worth a DOS? Don't even hope of being so important.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2011 at 9:23 PM

....despite the fact that it would only take -one- script kiddie with a modified hijacker to do a little redirecting of pre-positioned zombies.... or for that matter, one jerk at uni who just gets part of the server farm to generate rotating pings. Or drops a little package in, say, admin's windows boxes to run the ddos. They aren't hard to generate, after all, being very low tech in design and brute force in methodology....almost amateurish, these days. Or the domain of the afrementioned kiddies.... Hell, give one logical reason why they would lie about a DOS attack, when if something went fubar in their servers, for whatever reason, all they need to say is that there was a hardware failure?

forester ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2011 at 10:07 PM · edited Thu, 31 March 2011 at 10:10 PM

Ah, let it go, Dale. He's just irritating in a very minor and ignorant kind of way. Actually, kind of amusing.

Any semi-interested party could go look at the record of DOS attack on a couple of the more prominant UK-French providers of last week. It's a matter of public record. Plus more attack yesterday - apparently directed at the English Parlament host systems - also part of the public record.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2011 at 5:30 AM

I know, Pam. I just don't have the antibodies quite built up here as I do for a certain ce, if you know what I mean..... ;P

And there have been a veritable rash of DOS attacks in the past couple of weeks, apparently.

And just to change the subject, I -finally- got the new CG box assembled! Still beating Win 7 Pro into submission before installing all the apps, but so far so good. Now it's just getting the time to babysit as things install, and doing the good ol upgrade go-round until all of the apps are happy. Once that's stable, we'll talk benchmarking scenes...

Hmm. Think there are enough users of Messiah now to convince E-on to consider implementing .mdd import into Vue?

forester ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hi Dale. Will be happy to do the benchmarking thing whenever you are ready.

Not enough Messiah users, I suspect.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.