Tue, Oct 1, 7:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: poser fonts

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:07 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 6:04 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

How can I change these fonts so I can read them? I don't care if I do it in poser8 or in windows xp. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:43 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2011 at 7:48 PM

This looks like a Windows problem.  Poser "asks" for a certain font in each area of its workspace, and Windows "answers" by supplying the nearest font in the same family, which doesn't have to be the same font Poser really wanted. 

If the usual font (Arial or Times Roman or whatever) is not available, Windows runs through other fonts until it gets something close to the same family and size.  In this case Win seems to be selecting an odd script font.

Try first: Use the System Restore function in Windows to move the system back to a date before the problem started.

If that doesn't work, you may have to use the Win control panel to manually reinstall some standard fonts.

Edit:  You could also try using the Control Panel to find and UNinstall this strange script font.  Could be something about its listed characteristics that makes it look especially attractive to Windows.   Sort of like beer goggles.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2011 at 11:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2818411

Take a look at this thread. It may help.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 9:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well, I've tried most of these suggestions and got most of the fonts back to normal.  It seems the problem may have started when I changed my desktop theme. Now the only thing that is using that script font is the items listed in the hierarcy window. The one thing I haven't tried is removing the font because i'm not sure which it is. I think I found it and will try that too. Thanks for the suggestions

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.