Fri, Oct 4, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 library issue (not reacting at all)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 7:59 PM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 3:34 AM

Hello, recently my Poser Pro 2010 library has stopped reacting at all unless I resize the window or switch rooms. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 10:22 AM

Do you have another Adobe product like PS or AE where Flash autoupdates?

Sometimes the PS or AE Flash udates but the Poser one desn't and you get a conflict.

Yeou either have to roll back Flash or update Poser's Flash.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2011 at 11:04 AM

How do you update Poser's Flash? I recently updated something that did do an update and it might have been around the same time.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 4:52 PM

Anyone? This is really ridiculous to try to use. I even installed the SR1 update to try to make it work better but it didn't help.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 5:10 PM

When I need to update Flash, I Google for "Update flash".

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 6:19 PM

Thank you, that is fine and good but it does nothing to the Poser Flash component, which seems to be the issue.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 6:35 PM · edited Sun, 01 May 2011 at 6:36 PM

There is no Poser Flash component. It uses IE. Replacing the IE Flash component is replacing the one Poser uses.

Some people have reported that Chrome messes with IE's Flash component and after installing Chrome they have had to put Flash back.

I don't really know. I don't have this problem. It's just that I read the forum every day and at least 10 times in the last month somebody has said something about this.

Several have given solutions and others have confirmed them. I don't remember the details, and I'm guessing the people who really know this are tired of giving the same answers anymore.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 10:10 AM · edited Mon, 02 May 2011 at 10:11 AM

If I were a software developer and my software had at least 10 posts per month stating that one of the main components of the software isn't working I don't think I would take the attitude that

"I'm guessing the people who really know this are tired of giving the same answers anymore.'

I think I would post a link somewhere visible, with the solution.

Being one of the people who has not been able to get the library to work properly for a long time I do hope that if people do have a solution they will post a proper step by step sequence to get it working  and post it on a SmithMicro site with a link at the top of the forum page to the link.

Cheerio

lululee

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 10:59 AM

BB,

I just re-read my previous post. I apologize if it gave the impression that you are in charge of the software and have any responsibility to give us the correct info.

I did not intend to say anything disrespectful to you.

I, do, however hope that the developers of Poserpro2010 post the proper link in a visible place so those of us who are having this frustrating experience can solve it.

cheerio

lululee

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:02 AM

But I don't have a link and I don't have time to search for it. My point was here's what I heard about it - Chrome is messing things up. Could be the problem - could not be the problem. The only reason I spoke at all was because nobody else did and GoM re-posted asking "Anyone?".

The software that is messed up isn't mine. I don't know anything about it but for the fact that I read almost every post here, and I remembered something about it.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:03 AM · edited Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:04 AM

Just so people are clear we cross-posted - I responded to one post before. I'm not trying to be argumentative - just defending myself.

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 12:34 PM

BB,

The problem is your amazing intellect.

We always rely on YOU to have most of the answers.

If you don't have the answer, (even though it is not your problem or responsibility to have the answer) our universe becomes unstable.

You are like gravity. If it is absent, yikes, all kinds of things could go wrong.

cheerio

lululee

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:10 PM

I am on a mac so I can't install IE. Smith Micro suggested going back down to flash Player 9 but that isn't possible since the library needs flash player 10.2 (tried and failed for a few hours yesterday). So I switched to the air library which make it at least a little bit usable, if annoying.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:53 PM

I didn't know you were on a Mac. Then IE has nothing to do with Poser. The component used on Mac is called Webkit. I don't know anything about it other than its name.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 9:32 PM

OK

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.