Wed, Oct 2, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 Question

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 8:51 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 6:23 AM

On the desktop what is the difference between the Poser Pro 2010 (x86) icon & the Poser Pro 2010 icon?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the manual about this, nor can I find anything when searching the forum.

Thanks

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 8:54 AM

x86 = 32bit

the other one is 64bit.

you can choose which you use (I'd use the 64bit myself..)

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 8:57 AM

The x86 icon is the 32 bit version. The other is the 64 bit.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 8:59 AM

ROFL - Magnus... you and I were both on top of this!

BTW... I liked your old tagline better. It had a ring of true pragmatism about it!

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 9:02 AM

Ahh so I only have 32 bit so maybe that was why it kept locking up with the Poser Pro 2010 every time I used the conform to command.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 9:19 AM

I tried using the other icon & it didn't lock up with that one, not sure if it was coincidence or that was the problem LOL.

Helen Keller

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 9:30 AM

Well scrap that idea it locked up again. Well this is going to be fun if I cannot conform clothing to a figure! :unsure:

Helen Keller

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 9:50 AM

If you only have a 32-bit system, Anniebel, I'd uninstall and reinstall only the 32-bit version. (I have a 64-bit system and didn't install the 32-bit files and it works fine).

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 10:26 AM

Thanks Victoria_Lee I tried that with no success, and it was hanging on delete as well. I changed from Open GL to SreeD & that seems to have fixed it, cross fingers.

Smith Micro poser versions just don't seem to like my system, I had problems with Poser 8 too & it took a hell of a lot of tweaking to get it stable.

Helen Keller

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 10:37 AM

OpenGL depends on your video card, Anniebel ... I had lots of problems with that until I got the new one.  Have you tried updating the drivers for your video card?

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 6:57 PM

Everything on this system updates automatically, & the video card drivers updated a couple of weeks ago, so I don't see why that would be the problem.

Helen Keller

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:19 PM

I just checked manually & I do have the most up todate driver.

Helen Keller

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 12:53 AM

For video drivers. It's best to DL them yourself. nVidia cards from nVida. ATI cards, not sure, AMD now? At least straight from the cartd manufacture.

Then uninstall the old driver and install the new. This seems to clear many driver problems.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 5:21 PM

I have a 64 bit system, but a 32 bit OS.  Which one should I be using?  😕  Both of them run.  I've detected no difference in performance.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 5:33 PM

32 bit as in 32 bit os. Since you don't have a 64 bit os you cannot take advantage of the unlimited ram use and any of the 64 bit advantages. Even if the 64 bit is working on your 32 bit os it can't use the 64 bit options and advantages. The 32 bit os does not allow this.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:29 PM

If you had problems with P8, you will have it with Pro 2010 as well..... after all it's the same core engine.

As for video drivers, I reverted back to older ones on ATI. My ATI cards isn't the newest one, it's one of the 4300 series. Whenever I upgrade to the newest ones, Poser 8 starts acting up. In the end, I did go back to the drivers that I knew worked for certain. Haven't had problems ever since.

I finally learned.... if it's not broken, don't upgrade. A lot of the drivers on my system are considered outdated, so what? The system works vert fast and smooth and all software runs great. As long as it does, I'm not even going to touch the systems drivers at all, why would I?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Anniebel ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 5:23 PM

The problems I had with P8 were slightly different. However PP2010 is runing fine using SreeD & I don't see a lot of difference between that & openGL in this version of
Poser, so as it is currently running ok, I am not changing anything.

Helen Keller

mackis3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 5:26 PM

Quote - As for video drivers, I reverted back to older ones on ATI. My ATI cards isn't the newest one, it's one of the 4300 series.

For Poser 7 and the first Poser Pro there were these recommendations in the ReadMe file, to change a line in the Poser.ini

Added preference for controlling hardware shading during tracking, please change PREVIEW_OGL_HWSHADING_INTRACKING 1 to PREVIEW_OGL_HWSHADING_INTRACKING 0
to prevent lag in camera adjustment on certain NVIDIA chipsets; NVIDIA OpenGL Hardware shading only.

Windows owners with certain ATI graphics cards may notice that Poser takes a long
time to highlight the body part or prop that is moused over (due to the long delay it may appear that items are not highlighting at all.) This complicates the job of selecting parts to pose; the situation can be greatly improved by editing the Poser.ini file to set the PREVIEW_OGL_OBJECT_BBOXPICKING entry to 1 (from the default zero.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.