Sun, Sep 22, 8:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Does Mirror Lock-Up (MLU) Help Macro Shots?

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 27 April 2011 at 10:38 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:31 AM
blinkings ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 4:56 AM · edited Thu, 28 April 2011 at 4:57 AM

These tests have been done on far too high a shutter speed to be of much benefit. I have used it on landscapes. Tiny macro really isn't my thing....so no. Interesting topic though Bruce.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2011 at 10:18 AM

I've never tried this..so, I am looking forward to trying it..I have to agree about the tests tho

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

pauljs75 ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2011 at 4:09 PM

Interesting...

No MLU on my camera afaik. But I do have live-view mode, delayed release, and quiet shutter. Based on the description, one of these may seem to offer equivalent operation. (I'm suspecting live-view mode sounds like the best candidate. It gets the viewfinder optics out of the way when the sensor image is fed to the display screen.)

I don't think the shots in the article are the best example though. On well lit macros, it's likely not going to make one bit of difference. Probably pays off better for things like long exposures of multiple seconds during dark conditions or when using heavy neutral density filters.

I know delayed shutter or 2sec timer works great without needing a remote release. So anything else that can reduce camera shake couldn't hurt.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

quantumgoose ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 12:08 PM

Have been looking into this myself recently after borrowing EOS D5 with expensive macro lense but having trouble with slight blurring even with tripod.

Another interesting artical here http://www.ophrysphotography.co.uk/pages/tutorial_mirrorslap.htm

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.