Mon, Sep 9, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: A Tought About Victoria 2 ...

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 9:45 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 6:05 AM

Heya all, DAZ will release Victoria 2 soon (whenever that will be) and I was thinking about some things ... If Victoria 2 is based on the same OBJ as Victoria 1 and I post a Character made for Victoria 2 in a CR2 file, the person who download the CR2 dont need to buy Victoria 2 when he has Victoria 1 because all he need for Victoria 2 is in the downloaded CR2. Does that make sense? So this person will get Victoria 2 for less money or for free ... Just a thought ... correct me if I'm wrong Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 10:08 AM

You're not allowed to post a V2 based CR2, DAZ won't allow it. -JH.

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 10:12 AM

good to hear that ... so how can I post a Character based on Victoria 2? Only post morphs? Or will there be a program like Mover for CR2s? Chris

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 10:18 AM

You would have to strip out the new V2 MT's that are owned by DAZ. Morph Manager maybe? DAZ said they would post their official policy before the V2 release so stay tuned. -JH.

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 10:21 AM

ok, thank you Jeff. As I said, it was just a thought. I cant wait to have Victoria 2 here ... so hurry up DAZ!! :-)) Chris

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 8:26 PM

If DAZ had created an entirely original, new improved, mesh it would not even be and issue.

otaku ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2001 at 9:18 PM

true but creating a new mesh would mean all the current victoria morphs would be lost and that would be a greater issue. ( remember all the posts when victoria first came out?) I've seen a lot of the figures around that have been stripped down and now that we have versions of morph manger style programs for mac and pc everyone should be able to play by the rules without much problem. Daz is protecting their product while listening to our concerns. They should be encouraged not discouraged.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.