Mon, Jul 8, 7:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: The end of the world... Is coming!

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 10:35 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

I thought to post that the end of the world is tomorrow Saturday.  According to a guy named Harold Camping..  Here is a little from a source...

• The guy who started this whole “the world is ending” thing, Harold Camping, is 89 years old.

Camping’s ministry has a $72 million in assets, and his headquarters is a cheap little building in Oakland, California. My first question would be, what is this guy saving his money for? Harold Camping previously prophesied the end of the world for September 1994. For those of you who don’t remember, the world did not end in September of 1994. Now Harold says his calculations for the 1994 apocalypse were flawed. He reviewed his numbers and came up with tomorrow’s date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mikedaddysmooth ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 11:09 PM

I am working on my first real animation,(a little better than a bouncing ball), But hey, I'm kinda proud of it. I do hope the end waits, I would like to see the finished product.

Next week would be better for me. I'm sure I will have to change something.

You should never doubt what no one is even sure about.

http://www.mikedaddysmooth.com

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 6:27 AM

There's an oft quote saying from the New Testament Scripture that should put the tail between that guy's leg and send him scurrying back to that rock that he crawled out from under....

No one knows when the end will come except the Father.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 7:19 AM

Well, I'm grabbing a few brewskies and setting up the lawn chairs to watch.  Better than Saturday TV. :P

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 8:27 AM

If that guy had a nickle for every time he said the world was going to end...Oh wait, He does!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 8:29 AM

Yep, what ThunderStone said.  Makes me wonder how someone who supposedly did all the research Mr Campy did over looked that verse.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 8:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Sounds like a good subject for the next Bryce Challenge......

I'm with Boston on this one. Flying into space on the back of a Gibson Les Paul.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Plutom ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 6:58 AM

Well, we are all still here and he can't be found for a post Rapture interview. In all his predictions, he was right once when he stated that he could be wrong. 

I shall make a prediction about when the world will end.  It will start on or about Tuesday, September 6th, 10,528,199 AD in a bath of heat and radiation.    Jan

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 7:40 AM

He supposedly used mathematics to figure out the dates,,,,  

This is taking the "matter of interpretation ", as it pertains to reading the bible, to a new level..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 7:48 AM

And worse, being a false prohpet too! Too bad, we're not living in those days... He would have been strung up and stoned to death... but not before having his tongue cut out and his eyes gouged out... UGH The things they do in the Bible to offenders. UGH

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 9:05 AM
Forum Moderator

TS? In some parts of the world 'those days' still exist.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 11:44 AM

Ahhh, yes, unfortunately it was the good old pre - Christian days of yore that I was think of... Not the present anti-Christian days. Sigh... It's so depressing to even think of it now.  shrug Oh well... Life goes on...

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 8:59 PM

ThunderStone, those rules found in the Bible were written so that everyone in those days would know what the punishments would be for doing a crime.  They were rarely done though because everyone knew what the punishments would be for doing a crime.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 10:42 PM

As for me, at the precise time predicted I plunged 200 feet in pitch blackness them had the entire world spin over my head three times! Oh wait... that was a roller coaster.

Besides, we know what the punishment for a crime is nowdays. Your choice of talk shows and a six figure book deal.

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 11:23 PM

It's not so much what he said...  cause one should be able to have the freedom to speak out..  It's what his words are meant to do..  and that is to fool the weak minded and uneducated believers into behaviors that can be stressful and even harmful..

All under the name of God..  As some of you might already know I'm not a believer..

but guys like Mr. Camping really turns my stomach..

It's Monday morning already and my backache is still there... 

attileus ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 5:18 PM

He could have been almost right if he picked the date of the Japan tsunami a few months ago...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 5:30 PM

Quote - He could have been almost right if he picked the date of the Japan tsunami a few months ago...

And he would still have been wrong. :lol:

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 8:11 AM
Forum Moderator

Well Iceland just decided to belch again. A big one this time....so maybe the writing's on the wall........

dyret ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:22 PM

It was only "the chosen ones" wich were to go to heaven last saturday. the rest of us go to h**l in october :lol:

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 9:28 PM

Well, the "chosen ones"are still among us. So apparently, they were not so "chosen" after all... Guess they are still scratching their head, trying to come up with some cock and bull explanation.  Gee, things must have gotten so bad for them to want to "rapture" out of here. :lol:

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 9:58 PM

It has merely been postponed until October, people.  See http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43140373/?gt1=43001

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 10:31 PM

To which I say, "Male cow dunder"! If you have a Bible handy, please remember this verse: Matthew 24:36 Again, I say to anybody who follows that claptrap slop: "Rubbish" :lol:

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 11:21 PM

MSNBC has reported it.  So it must be right.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 12:22 AM

MSNBC has reported it.  So it must be right.

or

Left!    :)

electroglyph ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 2:48 AM

file_469158.jpg

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 4:22 AM

@electroglyph: is that one ok for sending to other people like my sister?

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 8:11 AM

I find it incredible that people actually quit their jobs, sold their homes and some withdrew all their savings thinking the end was eminent. I’m just glad they didn’t decide to take the express elevator and drank the spiked Kool-Aid. Some news commentators were wondering if Camping was willing to return their monies since it was, after all, his mathematical error. He should at least pay them the lost interest on their savings and the severance pay on their lost jobs up until the forth coming new end-of-the-world on October 21 of 2011.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 8:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry! Nope! I'm going with Dec 21st 2012.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 11:13 AM

@Bryster, You must mean 12-21-12, huh? Great combos in those numbers... I think I'll play the lottery with those numbers and if I hit any one of those numbers, I'll have you to thank... :laugh:

vangogh ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 12:08 PM · edited Wed, 25 May 2011 at 12:09 PM

I like 12-12-12 even better....maybe I should start counting my winnings now!

Anyway, we are safe and can look to tomorrow as long as there are people who are willing to make predictions about the end of times....it’s when they stop making predictions that we need to start worrying that the end is near.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 2:26 PM

Quote - I like 12-12-12 even better....maybe I should start counting my winnings now!

20/12/2012 or 21/12/2112 are much more numerically pleasing and use the full year number.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2011 at 7:48 AM
Forum Moderator

We Brits write it as 21-12-2012.  We like to put the day before the month. But then you also drive on the wrong side of the road, but we won't hold it against you.  ;-)

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2011 at 1:35 PM

Hahh!   Silly Brits!

ManOfSteel ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 11:29 PM

Another end of the world theory is that comet Elenin is not really a comet but rather a brown dwarf star, with planets revolving around it yet.  Our government supposedly knows that the close approach will destroy the earth.  Supposedly the last days of Earth will be September 26th or October 18th.  There are some YouTube videos posted by people who have done all sorts of convoluted calculations.  I find the truly scary thing is the certainty these people have that everything the government says is conspiratorial.  One woman even noted CBS' "eye" logo on TV and insisted it was a veiled message from the government to evacuate coastal areas and earthquake fault zones.  It's sad.  You can't reason with someone like that.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2011 at 12:13 PM

Looks like we're all still here:-)

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.