Thu, Sep 19, 9:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: IPO curves in Blender 2.57

PoalaVandel ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 10:28 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 1:17 AM

How do I use IPO curves in Blender 2.57? I've had no trouble with them in version 2.49b but I can't seem to find this function in 2.57.

Touchwood ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 12:22 AM

The IPO curves in 2.57 are now called F-Curves and are basically split over the dopesheet / N(on) L(inear) A(ction) editor and graph editor. I have not personally used it as yet but as I understand it, particular actions such as smiling / blinking for example, can be defined using the NLA and graph editors and combined with further predfined actions using the Dopesheet. This means that a particular action can be used over several instances in a particular animation without having to keyframe it again.

Take a look at some of the tutorials at Blendercookie.com (rigging and animation) or blenderguru.com (how to animate a muzzle flash) to get an idea of how they work together.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

PoalaVandel ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 9:43 AM

Thank you for the information. I'll try to experiment on my own. I appreciate your help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.