Tue, Oct 1, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: I know what color gold is - finally

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 7:56 PM

The he could charge royalties? Cool idea. Perhaps.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 8:44 PM · edited Sun, 14 August 2011 at 8:45 PM

file_471871.jpg

The color of metals

Stupidity also evolves!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 10:19 PM · edited Sun, 14 August 2011 at 10:21 PM

aluminium appears to reflect blue the best of those.  this must be why they make second-surface mirrors with aluminium coatings, as silver don't reflect blue and it goes black in houses where they suck back alotta eggs.

for some reason SM didn't wanna buy those shaders :crying:

isikol ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 6:30 AM

Quote - My plan is to sell this shader, not give it away. My wife is really mad at me for never selling anything, always giving it away.

wives are always mad about something... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AnAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 1:21 PM

That wood shader was also amazing.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 2:46 PM

Quote - for some reason SM didn't wanna buy those shaders :crying:

SM need a good slap. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mamba-negra ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 7:09 PM

Any news? I've been actually checking RDNA regularly for this, lol:)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 10:30 PM

I move very slooooowwly. I have a lot of stuff going on at home and work. Just came off a week's vacation in Florida and am about to go on another one. 

I had hoped to get it out by now, but I am overwhelmed. Don't worry - it will happen.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 9:24 AM

bagginsbill:

If anyone deserves a vacation, you do.

We all know you won't release a product until you know that everything is right. We can wait... a little while. :)

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 2:47 PM

my vote for the next vacation would be somewhere away from those earthquakes and hurricanes.  maybe canada or new mexico or something.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 2:50 PM
Online Now!

We don't have hurricanes or earthquakes down here in Brazil. I'm betting you guys would love our beaches (sadly, I live 5 hours away from the nearest one)...

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 3:09 PM

While I love faraway beaches, this is a special trip. My wife and I will be guests on our friends' yacht for a week.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 3:15 PM

Quote - my vote for the next vacation would be somewhere away from those earthquakes and hurricanes.  maybe canada or new mexico or something.

Lately here in Canada it's been tornadoes and post tropical storms. Haven't had an earthquake in my neighbourhood in 2 or 3 years.

Zaarin ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 6:50 PM

Quote - I move very slooooowwly. I have a lot of stuff going on at home and work. Just came off a week's vacation in Florida and am about to go on another one. 

I had hoped to get it out by now, but I am overwhelmed. Don't worry - it will happen.

If you need any help with anything, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can. :) 

Coleman ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 8:45 PM

Looking forward to the excellent shader pack!

Hope ya have a good 2nd vacation

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 8:56 PM

Quote - We don't have hurricanes or earthquakes down here in Brazil.

But we have global warming in winter and global freezing in summer or summer and winter in the same day, and I hate rain !

Stupidity also evolves!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2011 at 9:02 PM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - We don't have hurricanes or earthquakes down here in Brazil.

But we have global warming in winter and global freezing in summer or summer and winter in the same day, and I hate rain !

You're lucky. In my city, we have four seasons: summer, high-summer, hell on earth and "we can breathe again" (which is what people call winter)... LOL

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 12:43 AM

Can we pre order you shader packs? Become BB early adopter? Better yet get a yearly subscription and have them mailed to us?

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 5:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - We don't have hurricanes or earthquakes down here in Brazil.

You're lucky. In my city, we have four seasons: summer, high-summer, hell on earth and "we can breathe again" (which is what people call winter)... LOL

I am not lucky, Tuesday I had 37 degree Celsius (100 F) and is still winter, this was good, but yesterday returned winter and I am freezing now. Sao Paulo da maldita garroa !!!

Stupidity also evolves!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 11:35 AM

perhaps bill could just e-mail his prelim shader pak to rdna and let their gofers finish it.  delegation of authority and all that.  as in poser releases, these things don't hafta be perfect - the early adopters can find all the bugs that need to be fixed.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 12:05 PM

My wife said that. I find I am unable to release something with even the slightest possibility that it misbehaves.

I'm fairly well convinced the shaders are actually perfect enough - it's the prep for store that is holding me up. They have specific formats for things and I have to do promo shots - blah. I am not a marketing person.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 12:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Do like the rest of us lazy bastards do.... Outsource! lol

I'll gladly toss a product to a few people for promo's and testing. Saves me the trouble, and they're usually better than I am anyways at image composition. I think I'm more of a modeler than an image maker.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 5:16 PM · edited Thu, 01 September 2011 at 5:16 PM

Quote - My wife said that. I find I am unable to release something with even the slightest possibility that it misbehaves.

I'm fairly well convinced the shaders are actually perfect enough - it's the prep for store that is holding me up. They have specific formats for things and I have to do promo shots - blah. I am not a marketing person.

Been there, done that, several time here at Rendo. I have thought about selling through RDNA but have not looked into their requirements. I will say that several images you have already posted in this thread would make wonderful demo pictures for your product. And as BionicRooster says, I'm sure that there are people willing to product test for you and do demo renders for you. I've got the time, I could demo for you. I have Poser 5 through Pose 8 (yeah, and hopefully Poser Pro 2012 soon!). Hmm, having demo pics by several different artists might be quite unique as far as advertising goes.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 9:49 PM

Do you have a price in mind yet?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 10:38 PM

No - I was going to just let RDNA decide that or at least advise.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2011 at 11:07 PM

pre-order $9.99 american, then goes to $19.99 after release IMVHO.  based on 2,500 sales. YMMV

shuy ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2011 at 3:02 AM

Quote - No - I was going to just let RDNA decide that or at least advise.

Are you sure that you can find adviser on RDNA or here? How many of them had solid gold in theirs hand? ;)

kalrua ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 5:29 PM · edited Mon, 05 September 2011 at 5:32 PM

Quote - The color of metals

Eh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_coefficient

Nd= n+ Ki

n=refractive index

k=Extinction coefficient: imaginary part of complex index of refraction

I= Watts/Steradians

Nd=Final refractive index

Okay ?

http://refractiveindex.info/?group=METALS&material=Gold

Enjoy

Sorry for my bad english, but, the realistic metal is not possible into poser (need spectral simulation )......., (7 hours of simulation for 24 poly and 3 raytrace bounces)

Gold

Silver

Nickel

Zaarin ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2011 at 12:14 PM

I know you've been busy with the new Poser release; with that out now, any news on these?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 10:57 PM

laurie posted metals shader pak in freestuff.  one might try those.

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2011 at 11:20 PM · edited Sun, 02 October 2011 at 11:21 PM

Quote - Some critics. The romm in the scene looks very good, but the covenant ark looks very bad. The poles or handles are completely black without any relief and un-natural. The ark itself doesn't look as gold. It can look as metal or painted metal that has suffered severy corrosion or have been exposed to the environment for some centuries. The object in the back has gold reflections, but looks more as a black magic mirror.

Update: Now I have a fresh new LED monitor, the poles don't look black, now are dark brown, but continue to look without relief. The other comments remain still valid.

My new LED monitor has three gammas, gamma1, gamma2 and gamma3, which one have I to use ?

Stupidity also evolves!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 11:57 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

try this one, ricardo.  set monitor to gamma 2.

I fixed the handles on the ark, however I haven't got any corroded gold pieces lying around, in case you've got some fotos for reference. I rather doubt they'd use gold paint on the ark. those egyptian sarcophagi were usually acacia wood with gold foil hammered on them.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 12:28 PM · edited Mon, 03 October 2011 at 12:29 PM

The ball looks very good.

I don't know where you can find corroded gold, maybe some miners can have gold reacting with mercurium images. A friend of mine cleaned a Mexican gold coin, the coin looked beatiful with the shining gold, but he discovered that the coin lost most of its value. He aged the coin with chemical at the University laboratory and the coin returned to its original value.

Egyptians had fun with electricity, so they could make corroded gold, but this was beyond the capabilities of the people in the Bible, so probably the covenant ark looked as normal gold and not as in the image that I have referred.

Stupidity also evolves!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.