Fri, Oct 4, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please report any BUG issues with the new site in this thread only!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:33 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

Please report any bugs you might see with the new site in this thread.  I would like to reserve this thread for technical, bug type issues not preferences or opinions on the colors or "look".

Thank you

Stacey

dadt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:45 AM

My CSS stylesheet is no longer working. All it does is increase the width to full screen, but now I have a narrow page.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:51 AM

Those stylesheets are done by the user so you probably need to go post in the CSS stylesheet forum for helping on creating one that you like for the new site. 

Thanks

Stacey

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:32 AM

I got this message

MySQL error: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction, occured in query: "UPDATE adman_ad SET impression_served = impression_served + 1 WHERE ad_id = 46100;".

when browsing the Poser forum. It appeared at the bottom of the forum , just above the blue area at the bottom.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:34 AM

Thanks Mark

calyxa ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:00 PM

file_470626.jpg

I hope the attachment works. I received it in email from Rendo user wirepaladin. he is using Safari on some version of Mac OS X, I'm not sure which exact versions.

he said he cannot get to anything at the site including site mail.

thanks.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my Elemental Hexagons deck, created with Photoshop, Bryce, MojoWorld, and Poser

dadt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:43 PM

I'm afraid that telling me to go to the CSS forum ,which has been dead for years, is not a very good response to my report that CSS stylesheets are no longer working. This is a bug in the new set-up.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quote - I'm afraid that telling me to go to the CSS forum ,which has been dead for years, is not a very good response to my report that CSS stylesheets are no longer working. This is a bug in the new set-up.

It's only been dead, because there was nothing to work on. Now that there is something to work on, there will be posts (starting with the forum stylesheet).

dadt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:58 PM

Thanks, some good news.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:03 PM

The stylesheet option is there for you to use if you prefer by making your own CSS stylesheet with your own preferences outside of the normal functioning layout of the site. Changes we make to the actual layout of the site can mess up your custom made css that you made. Due to the new site layout you will have to go create a new css with what you prefer as we cannot possibly account for all the different css stylesheets that each indivdual user might have written and make them backwards compatible unfortunately.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:05 PM

Yes just as users helped each other in the past if they preferred to use a custom CSS, the same will hold true with this site change

Thanks nrrudock

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:09 PM

Quote -  

I hope the attachment works. I received it in email from Rendo user wirepaladin. he is using Safari on some version of Mac OS X, I'm not sure which exact versions.

he said he cannot get to anything at the site including site mail.

thanks.

Can you find out if they are using an older version of Safari and also the Mac OS version? We have several macs in the office and all is well on Safari here so if you can find out that we can go from there.

Thanks

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quote - The stylesheet option is there for you to use if you prefer by making your own CSS stylesheet with your own preferences outside of the normal functioning layout of the site.

But it would be nice if the style information was full contained in the stylesheet rather than also scattered in the HTML, and if some CSS keywords weren't disabled by mangling certain strings, which because of the way it's being done causes other problems.

dadt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:35 PM

It would also be useful if you could read the standard stylesheet which is displayed in pale grey on a pale grey background.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:46 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:46 PM

The drop down boxes are too long and go off of the page.<<<!!!!!!!

The font size in the posting boxes is tiny and unreadable.<<<!!!

It looks cheap (*not that that is a bug) and it does not have a polished look anymore.<!

IMHO, what a waste.

Oh and everything is WAY TOO LARGE! And that looks choppy.

~A~

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:50 PM

The font is the same size Ariana.  You can change this in the editor that you type in just like you could before.

The drop down boxes go off the page? I'm not sure what you mean? If there is lots of links that pertain to a certain Top Nav menu tab and its long you scrolling shows you..is that what you mean?

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:01 PM

Stacey,

I do not want to have to change the size every time I post. I did not have to do so before. And this whole thing is giving me a massive headache.

The drop down boxes that have New items, or Gallery choices, or other "features. It is a long black box that contains these items. In order to view it entire you have to scroll down from the side bar and HOPE that it fits into your screen.

I use FF.

Seriously, it looks very cheap and first "site" built looking. Everything is too large and crowded. I honestly remember having a flash (*and it alternated slowly, not like some of the new banners that are up) banner pulled because it bothered someone who had epilepsy. Well I am diabetic and this makes me ill to my stomache.  The site used to look classy.

~A~

BTW, I won't be coming back today, a few minutes is all I can stand of this.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:04 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:06 PM

Hi Stacey!

After I showed you the screenshot....  I went to my gallery later to see if anything had been done.  I had my gallery options fixed to see all images at full screen a long time ago.  Now it is not even like the screenshot I showed you.  They fixed it so it looks smaller and you are still forced to click on the image to see it full size.  In other words, they over rode my gallery options to see the image full size.

Do you know what I mean? lol  It sounds so complicated, but it's not really.

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:27 PM

Yeah we had removed the options to view full size. You have to click the zoom now if that is how you want to see it. We did this about 3 or 4 weeks ago I think???

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:30 PM

Well, they must have forgotten to change mine, because it was working when I made that screenshot for you today. lol  Dingbats.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:40 PM

Well the thing is that you had to go into your gallery options page and from that point on it would be this way. He's running a script to convert all to this way, just hadn't been one yet so I was manually doing it for a minute:(

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:40 PM
Forum Moderator

I cannot respond to a thread in the Bryce forum.  I get the following message.

We Encountered An Error

We're sorry, but we had a problem processing your request. The error or errors encountered were:

You must enter a body for your message.

Please correct these errors and try your request again.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:44 PM

OIC, I think.  No big deal.  It is more work though when cruising through all your favorite artist's images.  I like to see them fullsize.  It's just not the same when they are too small.  It will help with some of my Poser artists though.  They make huge images.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:45 PM

Dan were you typing in this box here cause I just tried it and it worked fine.  What were you trying to post in the forum?  If it's a new thread and you put something in the subject line it sounds like you didn't put anything in this box (the body of the post)

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 3:44 PM
Forum Moderator

It was this thread.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2795910&page=2#message_3815181

And I entered two sentences in the body twice, but it seems to be working now.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:12 PM

Quote - The drop down boxes are too long and go off of the page.<<<!!!!!!!

The font size in the posting boxes is tiny and unreadable.<<<!!!

It looks cheap (*not that that is a bug) and it does not have a polished look anymore.<!

IMHO, what a waste.

Oh and everything is WAY TOO LARGE! And that looks choppy.

~A~

Drop down menus are not shortened up and do not go off the page

Ariana, can you give me a screen shot to show me what you are talking about with the tiny unreadable font as we have it set to the same as it was on the old site so I want to see what you are seeing.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:14 PM

okay Dan let me know if this happens again.

Thanks

whaleman ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:27 PM

Two comments:

1. END THE HIJACKING! You are deleting links back to previously viewed pages. Once I go into RR I can no longer go back further than the RR page, which is a universally condemned practice. IT WILL MAKE ME STOP POSTING TO THIS SITE, AND POSSIBLY TAKE MY FRIENDS WITH ME. This is not just happening on my computer, so don't tell me it is not being deliberately done.

2. The new page layout is bad in my opinion; change for the sake of change. Bad colors too. I need to find things again like I have just started on this site, which makes me think that perhaps that is what I should do, but with a different site.

Wayne

kbrog ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:35 PM

Hi Stacey

I notice a little thing in the Gallery, where the page numbers are, there is no maker anymore to what page you are on. Kind of makes it hard when your going though the pages not knowing what page you are on when you want to go to the next page.

Kim

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:35 PM

whaleman , can you try it again because its not happening for me. If I start on site A and select my bookmark to rendo forums , I get straight there and logged on. The back button takes me back to site A no problems.  

Wont get into the style and colors of the new site cause thats a matter of opinion and it reminds me of the circus :)  

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quote - Hi Stacey

I notice a little thing in the Gallery, where the page numbers are, there is no maker anymore to what page you are on. Kind of makes it hard when your going though the pages not knowing what page you are on when you want to go to the next page.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Whatever page you are on will be grey instead white and it won't be a link just like it was in the old site so you know what page you are on.  Is that what you are referring to?  Let me know if not so I can get more details and see what we can do:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:01 PM

Ariana,

They are working on the font size when typing in the box right now so hang tight:)

kbrog ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:29 PM

Okay I notice it now that you mention it, but barely. Maybe it's just the change in the color scheme threw me. I'm not complaining about the color, it is my favorite color. :)

Took a little getting used to, but I'm getting adjusted to it.

"When faced with change, one must evolve or die off." ;)

Thanks!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:34 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:40 PM

file_470634.jpg

This is against my better judgement but here are 3 SS Image one is the drop down boxes I spoke of and image 2 is the tiny little font.

I no longer feel ro cares because if you say "wait and see" or "you'll get used to it" there is little hope of improvement.

This isn't just disliking change. This is on par with the horrid look of 3DC! And why pray tell do you need the header of these forums to take up half a page with double spacing?

Ariana

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:34 PM

file_470635.jpg

Pt 2

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:35 PM

file_470636.jpg

pt 3

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:54 PM

Quote - ... the header of these forums to take up half a page with double spacing?

Due to the user stylesheet being deliberately restricted, the header size problem is only really fixable with a GreaseMonkey script.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:07 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:08 PM

Not a bug, but I have to state that this is an art site and it's supposed to be pretty to look at, and at the same time professional looking.

With this new site change it is neither.

There are so many blue tones that go nicely together and co-ordinate with one another. I'm aghast that someone found the 4 shades of blue that do not compliment each other in any way shape or form.  The blue tones do not go together at all.  They clash horridly.

And to keep the old grey tones for the forum list? What was that about?  It doesn't go with any of the blue tones and looks like that part of the site was just abandoned.

Renderosity, you could have done much better. Much much better.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:30 PM

Quote - Renderosity, you could have done much better. Much much better.

Footguns only come with one setting 😉

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 7:23 PM

With the changes made to the fora, the hyper text links have lost there underlining. This makes things very confusing, as it is hard to tell what is a link and what is not.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 7:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - ... the header of these forums to take up half a page with double spacing?

Due to the user stylesheet being deliberately restricted, the header size problem is only really fixable with a GreaseMonkey script.

You got a Greasmonkey script to fix it?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 8:21 PM

Sitemail links aren't underlined and you can't see that they are links unless you hover over them.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:51 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:54 PM

I kinda like the color schme but I see a couple of blues and some greenish shades.

its only July so no talk of footguns please.  thats scheduled in September.

whaleman ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:39 PM

No, it still happens every time I get into the site and upload or comment.  Then you can no longer navigate back to your home page. Also it is NOT happening with any other sites that I visit.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:42 PM

I hope this isn't "as designed", but it seems that the Live Chat box does not appear on the front page if no one is in the chat. The only way I could enter the chat was by opening up the article that talks about the chat room.

Suffice to say, when that article goes away from the front page, there would be no other way to access the chat unless someone is in. It's hard to get people into using a feature if accessing it is going to be difficult.

.... unless you're hiding the link somewhere. I didn't see it at the very bottom of the main page.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 2:42 AM

Quote - its only July so no talk of footguns please.  thats scheduled in September.

Always worth the opportunity to take a practice shot.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 2:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3795578&ebot_calc_page#message_3795578

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - ... the header of these forums to take up half a page with double spacing? > > > > Due to the user stylesheet being deliberately restricted, the header size problem is only really fixable with a GreaseMonkey script. > > You got a Greasmonkey script to fix it?

Yes. See screenshot in linked post.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 5:32 AM

Is anyone having problems with the search engine not bringing up many results? Or no results?

Navim ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 7:41 AM

The black background for at least the gallery drop down menu is transluscent rather than opaque, allowing print from the preceding page to show thru. Disconcerting at best. I have been around since the very early days, about 3 name changes ago, and this is the worst ever.

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 7:45 AM

i dont know about CSS sheets etc etc etc..

but how do i change these  ugly blue shades colors...

Damn this is painfull on the eyes..

Is there a option to change these freaking bad choice colors ?

these colors are a BUG .. nobody picks them freely ... 😉

Chris

HERE are my FREEBEE's

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 7:55 AM

Quote - Is anyone having problems with the search engine not bringing up many results? Or no results?

Yes, I searched "Dark Blossom" and it came up no results. I just bought it and could not remember if it was A4 or V4.

Finally had to go search my account for it.

Ariana

Oh additional possible bug. The site is really slow to load the pages.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.