Tue, Oct 1, 9:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: making objects appear

Artchitect ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 7:04 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

i am trying to make an animation that involves the alyson figure holding her hand up, and then a sphere is supposed to pop up. for some reason, poser doesnt let the ball appear only in that moment onwards. how can i change that?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 7:57 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

In the properties tab next to "visable" is a little key. Click that on. make the sphere invisable, move to the frame you want it to show up. click on visable.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:30 PM

Hi

Does that work?

I didn't know you could do that, I always thought that the object was visible either through the whole series of frames or not.

I have always done this by having the object scale set to 0 at the start and then on the frame before I wanted it to appear I would put an break spline and then set the object to the size I wanted it to be on the next frame.

If you want a character to pick something up you can do it the same way i.e. have a sphere on a table, at say 20% size and one parented to the hand set to 0%.

Move the hand until they both line up (You can enlarge the one in the hand to do this) and at that point switch the size of the one on the table to 0% and the one in the hand to 20%.

Now when you move the hand away the object will appear to move away from the table in the hand. But like magic it's really a trick and it's two different objects.

Now I'll have to go and see if I can do this just by turning visibility on and off. 

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:46 AM

Ah ha!!!

I see this is something that you can't do in Poser 6 but you can in Poser 8!

Thers is no little key icon in the older version.

I just started using the Poser 8 trial version.

This will save a little time.

Thanks for the info, RedPhantom!

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

SteveJax ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 1:34 AM

I prefer the scale method in any case because it makes the appearance of objects look like they're actually forming out of nothing if you give the scale a couple frames.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 7:00 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Sorry, I didn't think that that feature might not be available in older versions. I can do it in 7 and 8. That is all I have installed on my computer at the moment. The scaling method works great too. I've used it before. I forget about the key.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.