Sat, Aug 3, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: [OT] QUMA doll/puppet

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 12:27 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:20 AM

Having troubles posing your figures? Try one of these 🤤

I just wonder how much it will cost when it's released...but I want one NOW! :biggrin:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 3:44 AM

Me likey!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 4:27 AM

Cool beans!

I don't think I want to know how much they'll charge for the articulation armature, though........

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 5:11 AM

Goodness! That's tight! And, yes, probably CO$$$T a lot!

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 8:15 AM

Honestly I dont see any actual time saving advantage of this over using the posing tools in your Character program.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

millighost ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 1:32 PM

Quote - Honestly I dont see any actual time saving advantage of this over using the posing tools in your Character program.

Cheers

That is probably because your rigs are too good and you already put a lot of time into them. With such a doll, you would only need a simple FK rig, since everything else is kind of built into the doll. Considering this i can imagine this being a real time saver. But i would need a whole battery of those dolls, at least for humans, dogs and horses, so it likely is only a time- not a money-saver :-)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 1:32 AM

I honestly doubt it would be of any use for animation, but as I primarily do stills, it would be a huge time-saver for me. Hopefully it won't hurt the wallet too much :)

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 5:21 AM

Wait till they backwards engineer it to accept poses for a truly immersive 3D experience

thewebflea ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:07 AM

Wowser !!!

Not bad  ;) ... Not bad at all

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:15 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

So can anyone read what it's saying? When will it be out? Will it work with poser? How much will it cost? Who's willing to buy me one since I'll never afford it? 😉

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

acrionx ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 10:58 PM

I don't think that's very useful for doing animations.   This is way cooler!

www.acrionx.com | My Freebies | My Store | My Youtube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 11:20 PM

what 3D software were they using it in?  was that DS?

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 11:28 PM

"How much? It must be expensive!

There are no official announcement about the price. However, SoftEther said "the selling price will be between 10000 JPY and 20000 JPY" on 2009/10/30, with showing QUMA prototype. (ref. 1) In my humble opinion, it will cost much, 2 or 3 times. However it couldn't possibly imagine that it costs over 100000 JPY. Again, it is my humble opinion, not an official one."

I found this when googling.

What is a JPY? (i hope it is a cent)

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 11:34 PM

Apparently 10000 Yen is $100.00 US.  According to the attached link, at any rate.  And assuming JPY is "Japanese Yen".  :unsure:

http://coinmill.com/convert/JPY_USD.html?amount=10000

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 11:37 PM

oh wow!  that would be in our price range hey!

mitzi-CG ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 12:51 AM

the USD is pretty much cratering now (15 year low against yen)

10,000 yen is now about $129.00

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 1:17 AM

It's still not in the 1000s of dollar range that I thought such a device would be.

Anyone know what software they used in the video?  was it DS or quidam?

Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.