Fri, Oct 4, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: getting new Mac this week.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 5:03 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 10:34 AM

been using Bryce. News is that Brye will not support the new Lion. Can someone tell me if Vue WILL? thanx for replys.

JCD ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 5:19 PM

I'm running both Vue 6 and Vue 9.5 under Lion with no issues on two different machines, so you shouldn't have any issues.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 5:31 PM

ok. good. it's a sentimental moove maybe. lol. but as Daz really does'nt seem to want to support Bryce, and I need this MAc for my music, well WHAT to do? LOL. Sorry for my bad english. I'm norwegian. LMAO

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 8:06 AM

You will enjoy vue far more than bryce I think.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:20 PM

dyret - did you get your new computer yet?

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:31 PM · edited Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:33 PM

hope it comes soon for you.

dyret ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hey... Sorry for late answer estherau. My Mac it seems has been delayed. Maybe something to do with Lion?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 5:55 PM

maybe this week then.

Even someone else getting a new computer makes me feel excited.

Love esther

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 3:09 AM

Have to ask the dealer what's going on today. It'll take me days to install all the software and try it so i know if it supports Lion, and I really want a vacation right now. It's not that often thats it's a lovely summer here in Norway.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 5:43 AM

go out and enjoy the sunshine while you can.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 3:54 PM

My niece have been serioulsly ill, so I havn't been able to. But thanx anyway. She's better now it seems. Phew! Now for that BL'**DY computer to get here!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 6:56 AM

remember the computer is always slow at first for a few days whilst spotlight does the indexing of all your data.

Hope your niece continues to improve.

Love esther

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 3:20 PM

I installed the free versionof Vue(cant remember name) and it told me the graphic card  driver of my brand new mac wasnt supported.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 7:22 PM

Go into preferences in vue and see and click on display options and at the top on the left are some things for adjusting - maybe these would work.

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 5:34 PM

um... still having problems finding whre i start Vue on the mac. lol. but I was able to run it. not shure how i did that. i think vue is running  in open gl. when i find where to run it from. phew

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 6:20 AM

Hi, in your application folder are all the icons for your applicationns (well mostly) and vue is there too.

Open vue preferences and down at the bottom somewhere is the setting for either 32 or 64 bit - choose 64 bit.

and poser??

Love esther

dyret ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 3:52 PM

lol. sorry for that. the poser thing was me posting when VERY tired. I only have Poser 3! LOL. I did have to install Vue again. Now it's in a folder. I don't get how I move programs from folders to somewhere I'd like them to be. lol. But I am getting more friendly with the Mac.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 6:53 PM

Just be careful because mac (not sure about lion) doesn't merge two folders of the same name, it replaces them.  Ie if you drop a folder called scenes into your vue folder of scenes you will lose all your scenes apart fromt he one in the folder you were dropping.

have you set vue to 64 bit?

I just saw that poser 9 has been announced.

Love esther

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2011 at 5:08 AM

thanx for the warning. but what can i do to make it merge folders?

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2011 at 6:50 AM

file_471820.png

I use the kaveman utility called ditto as you can drop several folders or even.zips into the source ege runtime 1, runtime 2 and runtime 3 into a folder called runtime.

Love esther

Kaveman is here in rendero on the mac forum and he will tell you where to get it from.

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2011 at 3:50 PM

ok. i tried over there. see if i get an answer from him

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 6:21 AM

Is it all working well now dyret?

Any problems?

Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.