Fri, Oct 4, 5:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Pic to terrain/lattice

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 6:33 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 3:45 AM

Sorry for my Norwegian english spelling.

I read a log time a go about this. Agent Smith had a thread. I tried a search. I also tried a thread in the DAZ forum. Could annyone provide me with a complete guied from black and white pic in a photo utility to the terrain and lattiec edidtor?

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 9:02 AM
Forum Moderator

Don't know about a complete guide, but you can use a photo to create a terrain by adding a photo via the terrain editor. There's a tab for this in the box on the right of the TE screen.

In the TE, look for the Editing Tools box. The last tab is 'pictures'. Click on the 'LOAD' option above one of the little square images. This will open a browse box. Select your image and away you go!

Hope this helps.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:36 AM

the trouble is the edges. They allways get jaggy, leading me to suspect that some of my settings either in gim, or in bryce terrain editor are wrong. I have seen examples where the edges look just fine. I never get that result.

clay ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 1:23 PM

Try using the settings for your pict bfore loading into the TE of 512x512 pixels, greyscale at 150dpi.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 6:07 PM

ok. thanx clay. gonna try it

clay ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 7:22 PM

make sure nothing is touching the edge of your pict, in other words leave a bit of a border around the edge before importing.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 8:09 AM
Forum Moderator

It help to use the SMOOTH control too - on the same control box as the photo thing.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dyret ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 12:20 PM

lol. i'm really having trouble doing the 512x512 black and white thing. the image turns out really bad after i convert it to black and white.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 12:47 PM

Attached Link: old picture to terrain editor discussion

Here is old discussion about problems with picture to terrain issues.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3543151&ebot_calc_page#message_3543151

or see link

You will encounter several  problems due to limitations in Bryce and 2d image processor both.

dyret ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 1:36 PM

Thank you skiwillgee. I've bookmarked the thread and I'll study it. A lot to read!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.