Sun, Oct 6, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Renderosity Wiki will not be returning

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 11:45 PM

Quote - This "person" has been busy with over 300 identical spam posts on his first Day here
hopefully a Mod will  ban his account in short order.

Cheers

The issue has been taken care of :)

SteveJax ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 11:51 PM

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 11:52 PM

Quote - Yeah, I guess I didn't think that one thru, did I? lol

Laurie

lol! .. want your fruit basket now?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2011 at 12:25 AM

Quote - > Quote - Yeah, I guess I didn't think that one thru, did I? lol

Laurie

lol! .. want your fruit basket now?

Yep, navels and red grapefruit...lol.

Laurie

Mogwa ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2011 at 12:39 PM · edited Fri, 05 August 2011 at 12:45 PM

David, "wiki" is just another internet spawned term. It is taken from the Hawaiian language, and means "quick" or "fast." There are alll sorts of wiki sites, "pedias" are just one form. Generally, it means any online reference resource that is open to user input and editing.

I hope Renderosity's management will restore the information. Too many people have put a tremendous amount of work into that project, for no personal gain at all, but simply to help others.

Removing the Rendo-wiki seems not only rather inconsiderate to those who labored so hard to create it, but a bad business decision as well. Why buy products from a vendor that can be so complex to use properly if there's no free assistance readily available?

Besides, I don't care what these smart aleck nutritionists say, frosty chocolate malteds are very good for you. They have hardly any calories at all, and can really improve your complexion.

Mogwa ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2011 at 12:46 PM · edited Fri, 05 August 2011 at 12:46 PM

Ooops, by the time I posted this, bagginsbill had already replied to David. Damn, I wish I had ten fingers. Then I could really type fast.

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2011 at 7:12 PM

This is a classic case of product launch and support failure. When it first started up, it was a ghost town, and people aren't going to keep checking back week after week waiting for something to appear. Had it launched with even some basics, it would have gotten more attention. A few PM's to some key users before the announcement would have been an easy way to get that done.

And since it started, what's been done to draw attention to it? Not everyone who visits here does so daily, and few would sift back through things to find the announcement. A monthly recap of Wiki additions might have helped. 

Mute questions, since it's done and gone.  

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2011 at 8:11 PM

Quote - This is a classic case of product launch and support failure. When it first started up, it was a ghost town, and people aren't going to keep checking back week after week waiting for something to appear. Had it launched with even some basics, it would have gotten more attention. A few PM's to some key users before the announcement would have been an easy way to get that done.

And since it started, what's been done to draw attention to it? Not everyone who visits here does so daily, and few would sift back through things to find the announcement. A monthly recap of Wiki additions might have helped. 

Mute questions, since it's done and gone.  

Very good points.  Something can't succeed unless it's promoted, and Wiki never really was.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 6:48 PM

Renderosity had a wiki?

Hmmph.  I'da used it if I had known it existed.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 8:55 PM

Quote - Renderosity had a wiki?

Hmmph.  I'da used it if I had known it existed.

Just goes to show how under promoted it was.

LadyElf ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 9:23 PM

So someone is going to gather it all up and keep it in tact yes? I found it full of wonderful information, but I agree it was definately not promoted.  I would think that despite changes or no changes, just the wealth of information would make it valuable enough to keep around.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 9:41 PM

I know that Bagoas has been working on the Antonia section of it. No idea about the rest.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2011 at 11:14 PM · edited Sun, 07 August 2011 at 11:21 PM

I've been trying to move some pages over and have had zero success. I click the "Add Page" and then get an error saying the page is uncatagorized and can't be found in search or something like that. I couldn't figure out how to create new pages at the Renderosity Wiki, and I can't seem to do it at the Poser Content one either.

Anyway, if someone would be kind enough to make new pages for the following, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would hate to see the data lost:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrwiki/index.php/Poser_Material_Room

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrwiki/index.php/Poser_Shader_Threads

And can someone make a blank page that I can edit for

"Poser Cloth Room"

"Poser Magnets"

"Modeling"

"Texturing"

"Hair Help and Resources"

"Poser Lighting"

"New Users to Poser"

"Free Stuff site links"

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 12:03 AM

Is this at Wikipedia or where, Linda? I'm just waiting for a sim to finish, so I'd be happy to have a go.

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 12:30 AM · edited Mon, 08 August 2011 at 12:31 AM

Thank you!  I want the stuff I linked to transfered from the Renderosity Wiki to the new one at Poser Content. And the new pages created at Poser Content Wiki.

I thought I had managed to create the Material Room page, but I couldn't add the content except in a "new thread", not sure what that was about.  However, I can't find the page I created anyway.  So not sure where it went.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 12:33 AM

So, i.e., here....

http://www.poserpedia.com/index.php?title=Category:Poser_Content

Just making sure - sorry, I'm a bit slow...

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 12:47 AM

Hmmmm trying to create a new account and it won't let me. Baffling.

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 1:03 AM · edited Mon, 08 August 2011 at 1:12 AM

Quote - So, i.e., here....

http://www.poserpedia.com/index.php?title=Category:Poser_Content

Just making sure - sorry, I'm a bit slow...

I want the content moved to wherever the new Wiki that is replacing the Renderosity one is going to be. I think it's the one that Bagoas created?  The link he gave in the Community Centre thread is the following, which seems different than the one you linked to called "Poserpedia"?  

Why are there two?!

http://posercontent.wetpaint.com/

Actually, it looks like there is three!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BagoasOfPersia/Antonia

We need to determine which is the true new wiki before more pages are created. I created a new thread asking for clarification on where the actual new wiki is going to be located.

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2011 at 2:36 AM · edited Mon, 08 August 2011 at 2:37 AM

I don't see any problem with there being 3 wiki's. Redundancy will at least protect the information.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.