Sun, Sep 15, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT...Sort of...

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 5:18 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 1:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.archive3d.net/

file_471437.jpg

I'm afraid that Bobby's first reaction will be to move this thread, but please don't, Bobby. I just found a site with a treasure-trove of Bryce-friendly free .3ds objects. So far, not a Max in the bunch. You don't even have to register to download and my Norton says it's a safe site. This Sphinx I rendered with Bryce 7 Pro with a Bryce sandstone texture I threw together should give you an idea of the objects' quality. There are a huge number of objects there.

And Bobby, if you move or delete this post, I'll assume you have a good reason, so no worries.

-John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 7:08 PM

Attached Link: Freestuff Forum

tjohn...as this is a freestuff item and all these objects are useable to the Bryce Community I'll leave it but **please also post this to the Freestuff Forum** or I'm afraid I'll have to move it.. ..I've even supplied a link.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 7:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Cool!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 7:34 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 7:41 PM

Great resource indeed but there seems to be some sort of limit cuz as it stopped downloading for me after a bit.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 9:01 PM

thank you! 

it goes into the freestuff forum?? wow..

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 10:52 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 10:53 PM

There is a daily limit to the amount of items you can download, but in my experience it's quite generous.

I've encountered some problems on a few of the models I've downloaded though.  The first problems is in the way they are grouped.  Sometimes the object is one solid group so texturing different parts of it is impossible.

The other problem is that sometimes the objects, if they are multiple groups, import with parts moved, reversed, or missing.  It then becomes something of a challenge, sort of like putting a puzzle back together and figuring out what, if anything, got flipped, rotated, etc.

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:56 PM

Thanks for the link!
Great site!

Corrie

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 7:50 AM

As most of the stuff I found, well 50%, are as Prometheus273 found, damaged, I'll leave this here to see how many more Brycers who want/need stuff respond but, will be moving this to the Freestuff Forum which is where it should go on Monday.. ....

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 12:21 PM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 12:27 PM

No probs, Bobby! As I said earlier, I understand why you are doing what you are, thanks for leaving it here for so long. All the regulars should have the link saved by Mon. Go ahead and move it for me if you would; I'd probably just screw it up.

Sorry about the problem objects. I hadn't run into that because most of what I was downloading were single mesh decorative objects like the sphinx. Nice Buddha there, too. Only been dling 1 or 2 objs at a time, so I hadn't run into the limit. Good to know.

As you are one of the Boss Hosses around here I gladly bow to your authority.

Now I "kneel before Zod"...I mean Bob. :^)

-John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 5:03 PM

lol. hehehehehehe

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 5:26 PM

What if Bob was one of us....

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 5:54 PM

Um... Bobby, sorry!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 8:34 PM

NP...got a lotta that in my time...was always bobbing for something.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.