Thu, Jul 18, 6:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 18 5:54 pm)

Subject: Help With Cloth Room

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 2:31 AM · edited Tue, 20 February 2024 at 3:34 AM

file_471887.jpg

Click image for larger view.

I am working with a conforming skirt in the cloth room.  Most conforming skirts I've tried in Poser 6 cloth room work well when clothifying the hip.  I've run into an exception.  In its conforming state, each of the ruffles separates from the one above it.

So I converted it to dynamic using this tutorial  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/index.php?print=868   and set up the constrained groups.

When I ran a simulation the waist band remained in place, but the skirt separated and started to drop down.

I adjusted collision offset, collision depth, static friction, dynamic friction, and cloth density (.0001 the lowest.)

Now when I run the simulation, the skirt stays on the waist band, but as the simulation goes along, all of the ruffles once again start to break apart from the one above.

Please see screen capture for what I mean.  This is about frame 19 of 30 frames.

Is there anything I can do inside Poser that will keep the ruffles stitched together?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 2:40 AM

Same probleme.

It's because the ruffles arent attached, use the wireframe view.

You need to edit the geometrie.

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 2:47 AM

Quote - Same probleme.

It's because the ruffles arent attached, use the wireframe view.

You need to edit the geometrie.

By "editing geometry" do you mean I need to use a modeling program? Or is this something I can do inside Poser?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 3:05 AM

Yes, a modeling program.

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

shuy ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 4:03 AM

file_471891.jpg

Due to this simulation you can easy select groups on mesh. It would be difficult when ruffles were on theirs correct place.

Select belt area and edges of ruffles as choreographed group, but first create simulation which let them foll down and make all edges visible.

If skirt collide against only one figure (no other props nor conforming boots) then you can select edges and belt as constrained group as well.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 6:00 AM
Site Admin

You might try a soft decorated grouping, but really a skirt like that needs an under skirt that you can weld the ruffles to.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 7:18 AM

I've run into this problem with conforming cloth quite frequently (you've been very lucky, Acadia!) because of the way conforming cloth is often made: in unattached bits. I've had to take the obj file into Blender but because there was such a distance between related regions of mesh it often became more trouble than it was worth.

Of late, I've been going through my conforming cloth wardrobe: export the item from Poser as Obj (or just find the obj in the Geometries library), import into Blender keeping vertex order and preserving poly-groups, then I'll try a simple "Remove Doubles"... this sometimes welds related mesh sections together and I can export from Blender and import into Poser and the whole thing really is one thing... i.e., one connected mesh. And will work great for the Cloth Room.

But more often than not - like these really well-designed jeans that found their way into the RMP not long ago - the sections of mesh are truly unrelated to each other so I guess I bought something I'll never ever use. Too bad. :blink:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 9:30 AM

tis a tricky one, there are kind of options though.

I say kind of because none are really good.

You can add top line of vertices on each underskity to the Choreographed group.  This will esentially men they will float in space without being attached to anything.  But you will need to move them a little if the pose is too crazy.  Moving them is a pain because you have to move the whole model, you can't just move the grouped vertices.

You could add the same vertices to the contrained group, but this is likely to cause some odd behaviour in extrame poses, as the vertices will try to move with the legs and hip.

I think the first option is the most likely to work ok, though remember to put Cloth Self Collision on in the Sim settings, so that the skirts dont poke through each other.

I hope that helps.

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.