Sun, Oct 6, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: My Second Character for my Superhero Story

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 4:45 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 4:06 AM

file_471960.jpg

I have been messing around with textures and things, doing second skin stuff until I can get my head around Blender. I have my superhero Green Lightning, and now, his nemesis, Red Devil, aka Sydney G2 with my new skin. I put a dress on her to avoid having to put up an advisory, but she is almost done. I am still working on making her glow a bit. How does she look?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 5:05 AM

The hair is just her strand-based hair that came with Poser 8. The dress is from the Freebies, I think TrendyOG2? I just changed the texture to match her skin tone a bit. It's not going to be part of the costume.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 11:23 AM

The only problem I see is the lack of displacement detail on the skin texture to convey a more, or close to, realistic look.  Even if you are not leaning towards realism, the image looks rather flat.  The glowing part rendering will be more difficult to reproduce and may need to be addressed in a 2D application post work.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 1:39 PM

Quote - The only problem I see is the lack of displacement detail on the skin texture to convey a more, or close to, realistic look.  Even if you are not leaning towards realism, the image looks rather flat.  The glowing part rendering will be more difficult to reproduce and may need to be addressed in a 2D application post work.

Yes, thank you. I am going for somewhat realistic, and doing things like a person who is made of living fire without actually making her just a blob of glowing magma is tough. This is actually my first draft, if you will. What I am after is that her skin appears to have a glow underneith rather than give off light. Sort of like some aliens in movies. In that respect, I have a long way to go, and I am still learning how to use nodes properly. But I am happy that I was able to get her this far.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 3:58 PM

file_471977.jpg

I could get the glow in post, but it's external. I am shooting for an internal glow. I need to hit the tutorials again on shaders and nodes...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.