Tue, Oct 1, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 2.6 on the way?

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 5:37 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 3:05 AM

Found this morning that Blenders SVN has been locked (since sometime after 03.00 GMT). Looks like 2.6 is just around the corner. . . . .

heddheld ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 6:34 AM

any idea whats new ??  saw a couple of vids on the camera tracking (tomato?) was very interesting

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 6:45 AM

The Pepper branch was integrated into trunk a week ago which includes Motion Tracking, 3D Audio, Collada improvements, Game engine animation improvements and a general brush up of the animation system in general.

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 6:52 AM

You can look at a list of what is either under review, submitted or version due for submission here 

http://code.blender.org/index.php/2011/08/google-summer-of-code-round-up/ 

heddheld ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 10:08 AM

never was any good with veggibubbles lol ;-)

cant see me ever using the game engine, but hope the animation stuff makes it a bit easier for my lack of skills

pappy411 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2011 at 12:26 PM

Sure hope a good rendering engine is included.  Any news if this is a possiblity soon?

Touchwood ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2011 at 5:01 AM

Unfortunately, the new render engine will not be included until the end of the year at minimum. You can try it out though by getting a build from Graphicall.org. Search for Cycles builds.

pappy411 ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2011 at 11:05 PM

Thank you.  It is good to know a render engine will be included in a near future version.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 11:40 AM

Quote - Thank you.  It is good to know a render engine will be included in a near future version.

This is definitely good news.  I look forward to a good render engine.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Touchwood ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 2:06 PM

According to an interview I heard with Campbell Barton, an alpha version of Cycles in trunk should be available from 2.63 onwards assuming everything goes to plan.

charlie43 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 11:06 PM

Downloaded 2.6 this afternoon. Have had it open but I'm working on a project in 2.59. The team is doing a fantastic job of upgrading and imporoving. I am in the hopes of learnng Blender well enough so that I can model clothes for Poser characters. Right now, getting the .obj into Blender is an issue for me. I know it will be fixed soon enough...

C~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.