Sun, Oct 6, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Collada Export from Carrara 8 Pro

sfdex ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 2:48 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 10:03 AM

Hi, all -- I'm trying to use Carrara to create models that I can import to the Unity game engine for use in game development. C7Pro had a decent collada (.dae) exporter which was able to get the model and texture zones exported and then Unity could read that model and understood the texture zones. I've bought C8Pro because Daz indicates that it will export .dae files with animation. I am unable to make that happen. Anyone know what I need to be doing to make animations happen? Thanks! Dex

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 10:20 PM

Hi sfdex, long time, no hassle. There are issues with .dae and Carrara. I don't have a work around.

sfdex ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 11:26 PM

Alas. But thanks for the response. I guess Daz just doesn't really take its customers seriously. Fortunately, the FBX export is able to get models, textures and animations into the Unity engine. Only problem is that it confuses Unity's coordinate system, but that can be worked around in Unity. So all is not lost. Now if we can only get a manual! :D

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 9:53 AM

No kidding. The .dae export feature has been optimized for transferring between Carrara and DS studio. So, it works inasmuch you're working with those two programs. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.