Thu, Sep 19, 9:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Mariko - Any User Reviews Yet?

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 5:01 AM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 5:07 AM

file_473559.jpg

And the front side is very good.

Lower the breasts and the collar-armpit area will look a lot cleaner.

All she needs further is a poly count reduction and a quality texture.

Polycount does not make or break a figure.
Increasing poly count brings more problems then it solves.
Less is allways better.

Rigging and texture do make a figure.

Have a nice day.
Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 10:05 AM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 10:14 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_473564.jpg

Vilters, the breasts don't need to be lowered - perhaps the upper edges of the breast could be smoothed out but if they are lowered any further they'd go into her abdomen area and on a woman so slight in frame, that would look odd. Not out of the realm of possibility - breasts can come in all shapes and sizes - but still a bit odd.

I've always felt the trouble with you trying to explain the position of breasts is your use of language. "Lowering the breasts" implies lowering the entire breast area, not just the small part that may (or may not as shown by the attached PHOTO) be an error causing the shading you're seeing. 

Now I have no vested interest in this character or model  and I don't deny that SOME women may be shapped the way you describe. HOWEVER, I do want to point out to you Vilters, that your idea of what is "the right way to do breasts" is subjective and based entirely on personal taste and limited experience. Until you've seen all the breasts in the world, you can't dismiss the shape out of hand if it is in the realm of possibility.  (sorry folks, this has been an ongoing battle of sorts lol)

That said, there are definite problems with the arm raised position , as the breast completely loses its shape and double folds (which I am fairly certain doesn't happen, even with implants). You are right about the hip crease - that could be softened a bit. Oh well, I'm not going to tear apart the model it's a good job and any new model is a welcome model.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:25 AM

file_473565.jpg

Here's her default face and 3 morphed versions.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:27 AM

file_473566.jpg

An expression

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:27 AM

Nice!

file_473567.jpg

Another expressions

file_473568.jpg

and another

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:30 AM

How does her smile look?

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:33 AM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 11:42 AM

file_473569.jpg

Here they are at their "natural "altitude". Just a pic of the net today, as reference.

Rough reference ; Halfway between the top of shoulders and elbow. Even a tad lower than that. Arms lowered, no bra.

With a bra, they "lift".
With arms UP, they lift.

But you are right, all women are different, and my opinion is subjective.
Unfortunately, most "real" women are like this.

Oh no, no battle at all.
Difference of opinion, nothing more.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 12:05 PM

I do not like these public discussions.

Sorry for that.
I am sure a lot of work went into this model, and it is pretty good.

It only proves the value of beta testing when building a new figure.

You get some other peoples opinions.
You do not allways have to agree, certainly not, but you get some idea's.

Building a figure from zero is quite an achievement.
And any new figure is welcome and will find a market.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 12:16 PM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 12:18 PM

file_473571.jpg

Another reference picture, hope someone can use it.  Also good reference for making morphs on any figure. All in a bkini "Natural" height is lower.

ha-ha-, Newtons law..
Good evening , I am off to grab a bite.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 2:12 PM

file_473579.jpg

She has a bunch of smile morphs. Here's one example. Different light, too, no correction so you can see more of the texture.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 2:29 PM

file_473580.jpg

and a grimace.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 3:17 PM

file_473582.jpg

and pouting

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 4:45 PM

Those expressions are damn lovely.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 6:04 PM

I love her expressions! Great job!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 6:08 PM · edited Tue, 04 October 2011 at 6:12 PM

So is she a weight mapped figure or was she made before that was available in Poser? She seems like a great addition to the Poser universe and I'm sure you guys are going to see lots of stuff pop up for her!

Answered my own question. She's P8 based. Cool. Any plans for a weight mapped version down the line or a male counterpart? 

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 7:43 PM

The face is very nice. I don't like the hands/knuckles/fingers though....

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 1:26 AM

Quote - So is she a weight mapped figure or was she made before that was available in Poser? She seems like a great addition to the Poser universe and I'm sure you guys are going to see lots of stuff pop up for her!

Answered my own question. She's P8 based. Cool. Any plans for a weight mapped version down the line or a male counterpart? 

I would like to gt her weight mapped, but first I either have to learn how or find someone who can do it for me and, yes, I'd also like to do a male. Just so everyone knows, I did not make the mesh, but I was heavily involved in her creative directionm(I spent many hours looking over the modeler's shoulder) and I made her texture and worked on her rigging.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 5:21 AM

You could always ask Diogenes if he'd be interested....... ;)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 1:31 PM · edited Fri, 07 October 2011 at 1:32 PM

Quote - Poser smothing does more than just fiddle with the normals, which you can easily see if you try that feature on a mesh which isn't made for it- I had bulging furniture, bulging wooden beams, all kinds of stuff.

IMHO smoothing in Poser is subdivison, but it's not Catmull-Clark. It does not look like Doo-Sabin either, but I'm not sure about that. Try to smooth a model with big, thin polygons and see what Poser does.

But I hope for Catmull-Clark in Poser 10 too. It would do a lot of things much easier. 

You don't have to subdivide to get that bulging. If, in fact, your model doesn't have beveled edges that will happen in any program when you smooth it. Not only that, but your edges won't shade realistically if you don't bevel them. Beveling edges is one of the first things they teach you in modeling.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 4:03 PM

DTHUREGRIF,

Is there any character morph sets available for her yet? I have been looking on her site and I can find a bathing suit a conforming dress and a dynamic dress, but no hair or shoes. I am really interested in this character but without some of these items I am hesitant on picking her up. Do you hav a link to the hair used in the promo images and were the shoes just resized to her feet? If these are easy fixes I would be willing to shell out the greenbacks but without some additional info I am kind of in a holding pattern. This is the only thread I have seen for her that is why I am asking here. Feel free to PM me if you would rather talk off line.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 4:15 PM

The shoes come with outoftouch's SINNER dress. The hair is FK Kirte available here. Hair is really, really easy to fit to her. Click on the readme lnk on the product page, it gives some examples.

I will be coming out with a texture expansion set with many more makeup options. there's no character set yet, but some people (including me) are working on some. I'm also working on some pose packs and another shoe.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 4:37 PM

WOW Thanks for the quick response! I have that hair so I guess I will have to break out the read me and see how it was done. That is good to hear about the shoes now I saw that Nemain over at Synfulmindz has done a pose pack for her, is she planning on doing more and possibly offering props for her? If that is a yes then we have a winner and I will be picking her up. She looks great and even with the issues that I ahve seen pointed out, nothing is perfect, look at how many upgrades were done to V4! I am sure that as time goes on a new and improved model will come out and those that have her will be looked after.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 1:08 AM

Yes, Nemain will most likely be doing more for her. There are also some other people working on things that didn't get done before her release.

I do know she's not perfect, but there comes a time you just have to say "put it out". I see all kinds of things I wish I'd done differently, but on the whole I'm extremely pleased with her.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 6:33 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm curious to know why You decided to bring out a new figure? Especiallly, when you have to know that support for new figures is so low?

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 7:25 AM

Support for a new figure depends only on one thing : The figure.

Any "New" figure has to bring something "NEW" or something UNIQUE".

Something, anything, NO other figure has. What does it offer to the users that NO other figure offers?

Or ?? Fill a hole in the market?
The popularity of a new figure depends on demand. Where is the demand?
What is lacking in the current figures, creating this demand?

2 area's money can be made:

1; "REAL" men and women with lots of build in muscle detail, instead of anorexic idealistic dolls. Easily done within 20K Poly objects.
Include a "real" texture and a good displacement map.

2; Lower Poly figures for animators, around 12-15K Poly's max.

Last but not least.
Build the support yourself.

One VERY good launch was  "Little One".
The creator made the figure, and made LOTS of freebies available within days and weeks of release.
He was ready. He was prepared. He had his priorities in order.
Users like - apreciate that. I bought Little One., and I NEVER buy. I think that says it all. It was the figure, poly count, support and freebies that triggered the buy.
I respect a guy that knows his stuff.

Before you launch a "NEW" figure?
Have a complete "free" clothing, shoe, and hair set in hand to populate the freebies sections. Let people know a new figure is out. Get people interested. Be sure that forums "talk" about your figure.
And last but not least ; keep the momentum going.

Once a figuer is "known" for its quality and support, the rest will follow automatically.
The more people get involved, the more support will come.
As soon as vendors see a certain figure getting used a lot, they will start building for that figure.
The more add-ons that come on the market, "to buy" and as freebies, the better the figure and its "add-ons" will sell.

Just my 2 cents.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 7:34 AM

Something I forgot: LOOK around first.

Antonia is free. All basic Dazz models are free.

Never forget that you will have to offer MORE or BETTER then a free model.
And FREE is VERY hard to beat.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 7:35 AM

Now,

Where is my helmet?
Where is my gass-mask?
Where is my shelter?

Time to dive :-)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 8:30 AM

Quote - Now,

Where is my helmet?
Where is my gass-mask?
Where is my shelter?

Time to dive :-)

:m_laugh:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 9:28 AM

You can LOL  :-)
I can LOL.

But I mean every single word from my post.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 9:40 AM

I'm just giggling at that last bit, Vilters... the rest is very interesting, and certainly nothing amusing about it.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 3:56 PM

Quote - Something I forgot: LOOK around first.

Antonia is free. All basic Dazz models are free.

Never forget that you will have to offer MORE or BETTER then a free model.
And FREE is VERY hard to beat.

I'll agree that the Daz basic models is free. But to really do anything with them you need Morphs++, and that most certainly is NOT free. Mariko, for example has her morphs included.

So in that case, the price is comparable.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 6:00 PM

I have to say this is a pretty interesting looking character, would like to see more.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 9:42 PM

Quote - I have to say this is a pretty interesting looking character, would like to see more.

What would you like to see?

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 9:49 PM

vilters, thanks so much for your advice, but it's really not necessary to keep harping on it.  I've been around this community longer than you have (yes, really), so I know what's out there and I know what's "free" and what's not really free. Mariko is selling fine, thank you, and more support for her will be coming. Other people are making things for her. I just did not want to hold up her release to wait for them. I also know that as a person who NEVER buys anything, you are most likely not the customer I am aiming at.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:04 PM

Diane, just out of curiosity, is there an anime morph for Mariko or is one coming?

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:11 PM

I'd like to see more of the morphs, and more of the bends.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:14 PM

Quote - Diane, just out of curiosity, is there an anime morph for Mariko or is one coming?

Not yet, but I will be working on one.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:21 PM

Quote - I'd like to see more of the morphs, and more of the bends.

Face morphs, body morphs? Expressions? And what type of bends that I didn't show in the previous pose examples?

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:29 PM

More of the face morphs and body morphs, I know the web page says like 300 morphs, but I couldn't find a list. I'd like to see top down veiw of the sitting position, to see how the hip bends, and inner elbow. Also are there anymore texture maps in the works?

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:34 PM

Oh and are there any boots in the works for her? I always seem to end up with girls with guns and boots renders.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:40 PM

Quote - More of the face morphs and body morphs, I know the web page says like 300 morphs, but I couldn't find a list. I'd like to see top down veiw of the sitting position, to see how the hip bends, and inner elbow. Also are there anymore texture maps in the works?

If you scroll down the product page there's a link to the morphs list (which I cleaned up). I'll see what I can do about more renders.

I'm working on an expansion pack for her texture and some other people are working on textures.

Boots I don't know about.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:41 PM · edited Sat, 08 October 2011 at 10:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - More of the face morphs and body morphs, I know the web page says like 300 morphs, but I couldn't find a list. I'd like to see top down veiw of the sitting position, to see how the hip bends, and inner elbow. Also are there anymore texture maps in the works?

If you scroll down the product page there's a link to the morphs list (which I cleaned up).

http://www.animotions.com/store/downloads.php?productid=28749&dlid=2

I'll see what I can do about more renders.

I'm working on an expansion pack for her texture and some other people are working on textures.

Boots I don't know about. I have a pair I may try converting to her.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 1:28 AM · edited Sun, 09 October 2011 at 1:28 AM

file_473787.jpg

Top view

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 9:25 AM

OK, I went ahead and blew my Poser budget for the month and bought Mariko and dress bundle and her pose pack, once I get it downloaded I will install it and post a render with her. I noticed that in the promo's it looked like she was wearing V4's underwear skin. Was this something that you addapted to fit her or will she use the same textures that V4 uses? I know that you say she has her own mesh but it appeared that she was wearing a V4 skin. I am just wanting to be sure.

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 9:29 AM

Quote - Oh and are there any boots in the works for her? I always seem to end up with girls with guns and boots renders.

High heeled ones would be great and high heeled platform ones like Nemain makes would be AWESOME!! Some nice sexy boots and shoes would be COOL!!!

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2011 at 10:05 AM · edited Sun, 09 October 2011 at 10:07 AM

No, I didn't put V4's texutre on Mariko. She's wearing her own texture. The maps are very different. I just cut and pasted the bikini on her in Photoshop so she wouldn't be naked in the newsletter. The promo in the store does not have the bikini.

rjjack ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:24 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:25 PM

file_473886.jpg

she will get soon a free dynamic dress, i just need to finish to package when i go back to home

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 1:43 AM

Cool! That's very cute.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.