Fri, Oct 4, 12:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Library behavior in Poser Pro 2012

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2011 at 9:30 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:00 PM

Is there a way to make the library able to select via hovering in the arrow expander when the library is internal rather than external? It only seems to do it when it is external and I hate the external library. Thanks.

And is there a way to make the materials numbers (i.e. changing the value from .5 to .325) possible on the first click? I have to click and then select through the numbers to make the change, when in the older versions I could just type.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 6:50 AM · edited Wed, 05 October 2011 at 6:51 AM

I was going to say "what are you talking about?" until I read your second paragraph. You're on a Mac, eh?

I have no help for you, but I would ask everybody who seeks assistance in the forum instead of talking to SM, to please, please, please stop asking for help without saying

1. What OS

2. What version of Poser - including SR if applicable

The PC and the Mac are just so different, especially in PP2012, where the PC UI was a new implementation last release and the Mac is a new implementation this release.

I try to at least think about every request for Poser help, and I'm tired of having to ask these questions.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 1:23 PM

Thanks, and yes. I am on a Mac. Thanks anyway. I will continue using Poser 7, sadly.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 7:11 PM

I really hate the new docking menues and the librarie that does not want to load or has to be shut down to be updated, they really should have allowed you to go old poser as a setting for your interface and an option for the libraries, I'v pretty much heard nothing but complaints ever since they changed the interface.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 7:57 PM

Quote - I really hate the new docking menues and the librarie that does not want to load or has to be shut down to be updated, they really should have allowed you to go old poser as a setting for your interface and an option for the libraries, I'v pretty much heard nothing but complaints ever since they changed the interface.

You must be reading different forums as I do.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 8:04 PM

Quote - I've pretty much heard nothing but complaints ever since they changed the interface.

Thought I would share my good experience with the library.  I actually like the new library, much better than the older one. For me the libraryis one of those things that I don't see much of after having all of my content on the screen.  The majority of my time is now spent in the material rooms, Posing, and the Parameter and Properties tab.  I've been working on a scene for about 2 weeks now maybe 20 hours a week and the only time I needed the library was to load the stuff for the character and that's it. I don't do as much of prop or clothing like I used to for the sake of seeing which items work better with the scene.

The only problem that I have had with the library is that it doesn't show unless it's connected to the internet, but I think I may have an idea of why that's happening.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 9:25 PM

I prefer the old library since the arrow selection worked and that is what I have gotten used to for the last 10 years or so. 4 clicks versus 20 is much nicer.

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 9:47 AM

Quote - I really hate the new docking menues and the librarie that does not want to load or has to be shut down to be updated, they really should have allowed you to go old poser as a setting for your interface and an option for the libraries, I'v pretty much heard nothing but complaints ever since they changed the interface.

It doesn't have to be shut down to be updated. See page 136 of the manual

"Press the Refresh button to refresh the contents. This is useful after you install content while Poser is running."

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.