Fri, Oct 4, 12:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser 9 loading textures upside down?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 12:06 AM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 3:06 PM

Hi

I'm having problems with Poser 9 loading textures upside down.

They are OK in the litttle preview window where you select them in the materials room, but appear upside down in the Preview window.

I'm having this problem with both figure and prop textures as well as images applied to the background.

If I save the job, close it and reopen it again they show correctly.

I think I could get them to correct without doing this if there was a way to refresh the window.

Anyone know what's going on?

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 3:17 AM

Goodmorning Mike: Please file a detailed report to SM.
Can you build a scene to steadily reproduce this??
Attach it to the report. Or add a screengrab.

But please file a ticket at SM with all the info you can find.

Greetings Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 10:43 AM

I'll try and get it together, last night it was doing it all the time.

I'll see what it's doing today.

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 12:08 PM

Hi again.

I have done some experimenting and what I've found is that this happens when I increase the Texture Display setting to above the default 512.

I do this because I'm doing animation and I use the Preview rendering setting to produce my finished images.

I have been setting the preview setting at...

Open GL

Enable Hardware Shading.

Enable Hardware AO. Setting .40

Optimize AO on.

Texture Display either 2048 or 4096.

All other settings are default.

I've turned on and off the other settings and the only thing that causes the image to be upside down is raising the Texture Display Setting above 512.

The reason that I'm just seeing this now is because I just started increasing the settings for Preview Render, you couldn't do this in Poser 6.

Anyway I can avoid the problem by setting the Texture Setting to 512 and then increasing it after the textures are all loaded.

You might want to check and see if the same thing is happening for you.

Mike

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 2:02 PM

Did you file a report  - ticket or you want me to add this info to my initial report??
Do you have a reproducable scene?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 2:29 PM

Hi

I sent them a ticket and explained what I have observed with a screen shot showing the open Textures window with the upside down preview in the other window at the same time.

And a shot of my settings at the time.

I sent the bottom image to them full size so it's a lot easier to see.

Mike

Settings

Texture Test Image

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 2:31 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi again.

Since I posted this I have be working on this project and as long as I don't bump up the settings until all the textures are loaded I'm not haveint any problem.

Mike

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 2:55 PM

Ha-ha-, OK

As far as i can see from your screengrab here it flipped upside down AND left-right......... Diagonal flip......

And it does it in simple material room too! I always use the advanced mat room.

This flipping is getting VERY interesting, sure they will come with a solution.
Am going to do some more testing tonight (i am not at home right now)

What i have also seen is; The evening it does it, it does it constantly.
The next evening you can work your but off, it does not happen..... With he same scenes.. But when it does it, you are in for the ride.
Also, as you, only ONE texture does it, the others load normally.
Once, I got a texture and a mask to flip.

Still pretty strange, out of XXXX users... So few to mention this.
Must be a "hidden, sleeping, silent buggie" :-)

Just another comment; sure you know you can re-arrange your desktop here in the mat room too? And put camera, light panels, document view etc, on the left side, similar as in the Pose room? You loose less workspace that way.
just drag then over to the left side till the background changes slightly and drop them into place. Afterward you can even move them vertically if needed.
The Poser interface is very customisable.

Good Job Mike, the more well documented reports they get the eaysier to find those little ***** :-)

happy Posering.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 10:20 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2011 at 10:23 PM

Hi

I've had it do it to figure textures too, but once you closed the program and opened it again they stayed the way they should, only the newly added textures flip.

They haven't always flipped upside down.

A few time it just reversed the image right to left.

At first I was turning them around but then I found that when I opened them agian they were upside down.  So I learned to just close the file and open it back up and they would be correct.

Mike

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 10:54 PM

Is that image applied to a plane? If so, it may be an issue with the mapping of the plane itself.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:09 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2011 at 11:12 PM

Hi

Yes it is applied to a plane, (so that it will change size when the camera zooms) and I did get a response from SM asking for more info and saying that they had been able to duplicate what's happing on their computers.

The thing is that the image isn't really upside down or reversed, it just displays that way.

If you save, close and open the project back up the images will display normally.

And yes I do know I can rearrange the window, I dragged the picture bigger so it would show better for the clip.

Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.