Fri, Oct 4, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser 9 Talk Designer, it works!

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 12:55 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 5:47 AM

Attached Link: Lip Sync Test.

Hi

I do a lot of lip sync video.

Up until now lip syncing in Poser just didn't quite make it.

I've always used Mimic.

Now in Poser 9 it really does work pretty well.

It still has some problems, it tends to overdue the eyebrow movement, and doesn't do as good a job moving the head to emphasize the speech, but it works well enough to actually use.

I experimented with enunciation and settled on somewhere around 4,000 but it could use a little more testing.

Anyway here is a quick video of the two side by side, Poser 9 is on the left, and Mimic is on the right.

The only editing I did was to remove the odd lip movements that come between words.

Both programs do this but Poser did about 7 of them and Mimic only 2.

The funny thing is that I can spot them visually in the Animation Pallet now.

They always make the same pattern in the lip movements key frames so it's easy to find and remove them.

Hit the expand button to enlarge the video and you can see the mouth movement clearly.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 1:13 PM

Impressive. I have always intended to make lipsync video but I haven't got around to it yet.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

corinthianscori ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 1:35 PM

Yes, the Poser 9 version is looking a lot better now than in previous versions of Poser.
I will say the Mimic version still looks better handling head movements and such, as you mentioned.

Thanks for update!

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 7:39 PM

Just Curious but are you using "ghost reader"
by Convenienceware,to generate your audio?

Lucy sounds very Familiar.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 1:37 PM

Hi

I use Textaloud software to generate the voice and I'm using the Lucy voice from Acapela.  I think Lucy is the best voice out there right now.

I think Lucy sounds a lot like the Skype girl.

http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-speech-interactive-demo.html

I use Lucy for a lot of stuff, she supplies the sounds for my computer.   

I.e. "Hello Michael, time to get to work", at boot and "Enough of this trash!", when I empty the recycle bin.

I'm redoing my "Lucy Looks at Life" series (I did the first one a year ago, it was my first Poser animation, and I've gotten better at it since then) and I'll post a link to the finished "Lucy talks about her Grandfather" here when I get it done. 

I'm working on new animated titles for it now.

Mike

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 1:57 PM

Yes it is the same Lucy from Acapella in fact the program i use "ghost reader" is sold on the same website as your "text aloud "software
but Ghost reader has a Mac version.

I have All the international voices,
 british middle, eastern,and Spanish ,
Ghost reader can Literally read foreign language text such as Arabic.

Here are some links to videos where I have used  Ghostreader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWJSzJKpwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymnFZ5riJw

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 4:53 PM

Hi Wolf359

Nice!

I'm into the animation thing now, I had Poser for years and only used it rarely but then I started doing the Lucy videos and got hooked.

As I said, I've gotten a lot better at it and have just gotten Poser 9 which lets me do a lot higher quality preview renders so I'm going back and doing my first 7 videos over.

When I finish that I'll start some new ones and I'm not going to worry about the size so much.  I was trying to keep them all small enough to e-mail, now I'm doing them HD.  I'll make them smaller later.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 9 for the video editing.

I already have a lot of them written, and some are already made into .wav files.

Some of them are stories that people tell me, and some I make up myself.

But Lucy is always the main character.

She now has a car, a Lotus Super 7, so I'm going to have to do some car jokes.

The British theme is because of Lucy, but I'm an Anglophile anyway.

I raise Scottish Deerhounds and have been to England and Scotland a number of times and have friends there.

Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.