Sun, Oct 6, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: UPDATE: My WIP Superhero Costume...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 3:23 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

file_473959.jpg

I got a little impatient and wanted to see what he will look like in full costume, so I went ahead and photoshopped in his cowl, gloves and chest emblem. Well, actually I used the poor man's photoshop, GIMP 2.6...

I am almost finished with the cowl, and it looks a lot like the one in this pic, and the gloves will be next. I will using the gloves I put on him as a guide, so they will look just like that too, so this is actually pretty accurate.

What do you think?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 3:29 PM

Damn good, in all truth.  The gloves are too big and lumpy compared to the rest but if you make them more form fitting they will work nicely.  The two tone green is very effective.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 3:33 PM

Quote - Damn good, in all truth.  The gloves are too big and lumpy compared to the rest but if you make them more form fitting they will work nicely.  The two tone green is very effective.

I had to scale the gloves down, and I guess I didn't go far enough. The real thing will be more form fitting. Those are gloves BMX guys wear when they ride. I liked the look of them, so I am going to use them as the pattern. Even without that texture, they should look good.

I did the two tone green to distance him from Green Lantern. His original painted map looked almost like that, and I wanted him to stand out.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 6:06 PM

I agree with ST, good looking suit.  It is the right color green for a brightly lit moving target, lol.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 6:10 PM

Quote - I agree with ST, good looking suit.  It is the right color green for a brightly lit moving target, lol.

Hahaha! I just hope that I can finish it before too long. I was in script until I decided to give this costume a go. Now I think I have 4 pages done in the script, and it's been on the back burner for quite some time. I will have lots of time to get it done, I think. I am about to leave and go to Japan to sail on a ship for 4 months. Means my internet time is about up. So I will have no excuses.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 8:40 PM

file_473969.jpg

The cowl, about 50% completed, still at 1000% scaled up. I only have one side of the mask done, and with this render, it's hard to see because the left ear is still there and creating interference. There is no texture on this, only the color. I am thinking I better remove the neck, or it won't fit right. You can see the color difference in it too.

How does it look so far?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 10:45 PM

Looks like it will work.

Ravyns ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:22 PM

This looks really good! 

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:22 PM

file_473970.jpg

> Quote - Looks like it will work.

I like the styling, but I did make a couple errors in the model. I didn't compensate enough for the ears. I will correct that and move on. Hope to have this done soon, so I can move on to the gloves.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:23 PM · edited Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:28 PM

I like this cowl better than the one I used above. As soon as I sculpt out the ears, I will be in business.

I still have to figure out how I am going to texture this. I am leaning toward using the two tone again, with the darker green in the shape of lightning bolts.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:42 PM

Quote - This looks really good! 

Thanks! I am really excited with how this is turning out.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 1:40 AM

file_473972.jpg

I am almost there. Just a few more tweaks and I have it. I don't know how I feel about the latest change, but I will let you decide. I added some pieces to the ears. Later on they will have their own textue, but for night now I just added color and matched the nodes I have on the suit.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 12:46 PM

file_474016.jpg

I am doing some fine tuning before I move on to the gloves. I noticed some artifact polys when I was checking out the suit. I removed them and cleaned it up a bit. Besides the two that are circled, there was one more in his back. All gone. I am doing a cloth sim with the suit right now, and I'll add the cowl in after. I haven't saved these as smart props yet, so I better get the textures and everything done.

I am excited all over again. This is fun.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.