Tue, Oct 22, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Stuck filters happy ending

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 1:11 AM ยท edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 9:15 AM

First of all let me thank each one that gave me advise on how to get a step down ring and polerizing filter apart. I had almost blooded my hands tring to get them to come loose. Never budged them. I tried Inshaala's method and it worked like a dream. I used speaker wire wrapped it around the polarzing filter making sure the wire coating was on the serrated edges of the P filter and with no effort at all unscrewed the step down ring. Making Whalemans theory correct I believe I was wedging the two peaces together gripping them so tightly. I was amazed, and somewhat in disbelief at the ease that they came apart with the wire. Some times brut strength isn't enough or maybe it's to much, in this case finesse was the answer. Once again thanks Inshaala for your tip! I've now cut a peace of speaker wire and it has become a tool I carry with me.

On a humorous final note, in my frustration, I almost took Firesnuffers somewhat unorthodox approch, LOL. Probably wouldn't recommend that tip, but after I put the hammor and pliers down........HEE HEE HEE. Thanks too my friend for providing a little levity to my dilemma.

Royce

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 1:41 AM

Glad you solved your problem my friend.

God Bless.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.