Sat, Aug 3, 3:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: What was this and why is it no longer for sale?

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 3:35 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=88362

Claims to transfer morphs from v4 to genesis and it's already been pulled from MP.  It didn't work, or Daz got upset, or other?

I'm trying to recreate one of my characters in Genesis, not having much luck, and would love a utility like this.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:08 PM · edited Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:09 PM

Oooh - can I speculate? Everybody here gets to speculate all the time. Can I say what I think as though it is based on facts? This seems juicy and ripe for speculation.

D3D is a good programmer and vendor. His stuff works. I bet this worked.

Daz would like people to buy things they already have and this product prevents that.

I'm guessing this product would cost them $1 million or more.

Or I could be completely wrong, since I know nothing at all other than what you just showed me.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:18 PM

I dont think so. In the gen4 thread daz admins said they welcomed the app and anything like it to get genesis off the ground. Then again, maybe they changed their minds. I myself am really curious as to why it was pulled. Maybe to be sold at daz site? The mind wonders....

My Renderosity Store

Ian Porter ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:18 PM
Online Now!

I bought this and I can confirm it works very very well. As you can see it has five stars. I never saw any negative comments about it. It was discussed over at DAZ and the product manager there was very positive and impressed by it.

If I was to speculate I would suggest either

There is a better version being released

or

DAZ may have bought the rights to it and intend to sell it there

but I have no facts.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:36 PM

You guys speculate better than I do. grin

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 4:46 PM

Quote - Oooh - can I speculate? Everybody here gets to speculate all the time. Can I say what I think as though it is based on facts? This seems juicy and ripe for speculation.

Daz would like people to buy things they already have and this product prevents that.

Or I could be completely wrong, since I know nothing at all other than what you just showed me.

Actually it pays to actually email the guy... and it's also on his website. ;)

He's working on a new version of the program so it works better.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 5:01 PM
Site Admin

There is a long message down in the description that disappears shortly after the page loads. It says a new and improved one is coming. Here is a screen shot.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 6:28 PM
Site Admin

Let's try this again

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 6:52 PM

Quote - Actually it pays to actually email the guy... and it's also on his website. ;)

Party pooper!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 7:02 PM

If everyone emails dimension3d, and expects an answer, it would be unlikely he'd ever get anything done.

So...

Sometimes you ask around indirectly because the 340 people who already did annoy the crap out of him might have an answer they can post real fast and benefit others who may quietly work.

Sometimes, it pays to do that.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 7:10 PM

Quote - If everyone emails dimension3d, and expects an answer, it would be unlikely he'd ever get anything done.

Yep, and that's why he also posted it to his website. Pays to look so you don't get people speculating and potentially going out of control. ;)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 9:50 PM

Dang it BB! You beat me to it. Speculate? Bah! It's been done to excess in the V5 threads! Were beyond that.

I had hoped to create a conspiracy theory involving a secret Ninja Assasin from Utah who creeped into Dimension3d's bedroom one night and .... No! I... can...not...type (static)... Daz...implanted.... a control...with...their....new...installer...I'm...losing......hisssssssssssssss

Quote - Oooh - can I speculate? Everybody here gets to speculate all the time. Can I say what I think as though it is based on facts? This seems juicy and ripe for speculation.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2011 at 10:54 PM · edited Fri, 28 October 2011 at 10:55 PM

Quote - Dang it BB! You beat me to it. Speculate? Bah! It's been done to excess in the V5

You're the only responder who acknowledged my ironic and oblique reference to the other thread. Does that mean nobody thought I was funny besides you?

Just in case - I was kidding.

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 3:47 AM · edited Sat, 29 October 2011 at 3:56 AM

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 8:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - If everyone emails dimension3d, and expects an answer, it would be unlikely he'd ever get anything done.

Yep, and that's why he also posted it to his website. Pays to look so you don't get people speculating and potentially going out of control. ;)

Yes, we should all constantly worry about the hysterical potential of absolutely everybody.  We should all shrink to the Lowest Common Denominator at all times.

You do that...I'm good.

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 8:32 AM

Unfortunatly, there is a lot of histerical potential in Genesis threads, IMHO at least. Question answered, everything is fine. 

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 11:10 AM

#1 Speculation-Rumor of the day....BB's wife says there is "Gold" to be found in them they're Shaders!

Anybody care to speculate when they will be done? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

bblogoss ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 11:50 AM

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=dazscript&product=gen4

I guess this has something to do with now the DAZ CR2 exporter released ? and that the new version will also support the CR2 Genesis for poser ?

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 12:17 PM

Since this is a speculation thread:

Daz sent a team of hitmen over to D3D and gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 12:23 PM

I thought it was an ironic and oblique reference to numerous other threads! Uhm. You were kidding? :-)

Quote - > Quote - Dang it BB! You beat me to it. Speculate? Bah! It's been done to excess in the V5

You're the only responder who acknowledged my ironic and oblique reference to the other thread. Does that mean nobody thought I was funny besides you?

Just in case - I was kidding.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 5:13 PM

He could have continued selling it even during the development of the new version (like every software that exists in the world).

More likely he got a letter from DAZ lawyers (from many signs I see they must be really busy in this period) ordering him to suspend availability and rework something before resuming sales.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

bantha ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2011 at 6:42 PM · edited Sat, 29 October 2011 at 6:44 PM

Colorcurvature stopped selling his software too while creating a new version. And I'm very sure that he wasn't contacted by some lawyers. 

I'm locking this thread before it becomes even more ugly. The tool is being rewritten at the moment and is planned to be re-released afterwards, as you can see above.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.